Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisades Calligraphy
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walked out the door the other AM to bring out the garbage can. Discovered this damage on the driver side front bumper. No idea how it happened. Can't figure out where / when it happened the day before. Brought to a local body shop I do work for. $800.00 to fix. The car is a month old!! FML

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ouch. That sucks. It looks like a damage caused by a car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I went over this once in my head, I did it a dozen times trying to figure out where it could have happened. It was raining (hard) the day before and I was in and out of the vehicle many times. I really didn't take time to look at it before jumping in. If I had to guess, I'm thinking it happened in a food store parking lot, but who knows.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, but it was pouring rain and how hard to catch the pedal that they ripped the plastic?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Going even at moderate to lower speeds with an adults weight, there is more than enough force at a petal to tear plastic. I have personally found many cyclists to be the least caring group of people. Try a cyclist pathway in urban centres.....it’s survival of the fittest at the best of times. Other times it plain war.

·
Super Moderator
1,502 Posts
last one I had that looked like that was from an SUV with a wheel chair rack on the back, But might have been a little lower.
I was returning to my car when he did it, so they had to pay for mine.
Looked just the same

·
Registered
101 Posts
Walked out the door the other AM to bring out the garbage can. Discovered this damage on the driver side front bumper. No idea how it happened. Can't figure out where / when it happened the day before. Brought to a local body shop I do work for. $800.00 to fix. The car is a month old!! FML
View attachment 3774

View attachment 3775
Looks
View attachment 3774

View attachment 3775
Looks like someone did a number on it. People are not taking responsibility for their actions. I parked a rental at a hotel last year in Olympia Washington and someone took out the entire length of an SUV. No note and from the damage was a high profile pickup. So sorry.

·
Registered
88 Posts
View attachment 3774

View attachment 3775
I know the feeling. I had a lady slowly back into my drivers door with me honking and yelling at her to stop but she didn’t. That was after having my car for two weeks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, the fun keeps coming. The autobody place ordered the wrong part for the front left bumper. It was explained that the bumper can be "repaired" (sanded, primed and re-painted) to take care of the scuff marks. The ripped plastic on the edge of the driver side wheel well is a separate part from the rest of the left side bumper piece. The wheel well trim comes as ONE complete piece that spans the entire left, center and right side. So, that means now disassembling the whole bumper/sensors/cameras/grill etc. Price is now $1100.00 FML

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
350 Posts
Well, the fun keeps coming. The autobody place ordered the wrong part for the front left bumper. It was explained that the bumper can be "repaired" (sanded, primed and re-painted) to take care of the scuff marks. The ripped plastic on the edge of the driver side wheel well is a separate part from the rest of the left side bumper piece. The wheel well trim comes as ONE complete piece that spans the entire left, center and right side. So, that means now disassembling the whole bumper/sensors/cameras/grill etc. Price is now $1100.00 FML
Sorry to hear. Do you not want to claim it on insurance?

Understood on the front bumper, I removed the entire front to work on the grille. It's a 2.5 hr job alone.

·
Registered
88 Posts

So much for technology. There’s a price to be paid for it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry to hear. Do you not want to claim it on insurance?

Understood on the front bumper, I removed the entire front to work on the grille. It's a 2.5 hr job alone.
I have a $1000 deductible (joys of NJ car insurance being so high). so I'll suck it up and seal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts