Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather Information Unavailable. Additional Setup Required. Anyone had this issue? It was working fine and I have the latest nav/system update. BlueLink support has no clue. They don't even know that there is a weather icon in the BlueLink section of the infotainment menu and say I need to call SiriusXM.

Already tried reset button and SiriusXM refresh signal. It's not a Sirius feature. Weather is listed under the BlueLink Guidance package.

It took me 30 min to get through to BL support initially. Then I tried calling back, another 30 min and got same agent. Will try them later

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fixed it myself by reinstalling the same system update I already had but fact remains that BlueLink support isn't great.

Infact I believe this problem occurred few days ago when I called them to troubleshoot Valet and Speed alerts not working. One thing they had me do is click on "Reconfigure" button in BlueLink setting section on the car. I think weather stopped working after that but all other BlueLink features were OK.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
222 Posts
Fixed it myself by reinstalling the same system update I already had but fact remains that BlueLink support isn't great.

Infact I believe this problem occurred few days ago when I called them to troubleshoot Valet and Speed alerts not working. One thing they had me do is click on "Reconfigure" button in BlueLink setting section on the car. I think weather stopped working after that but all other BlueLink features were OK.
How did you reinstall the same update? Do you have to redownload?

I tried to reinstall mine, but get the file not recognized error. I used the same exact thumbdrive without redownloading it again. Does the installation in the car write something to the thumbdrive to ensure it doesn’t get installed a second time?

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you reinstall the same update? Do you have to redownload?

I tried to reinstall mine, but get the file not recognized error. I used the same exact thumbdrive without redownloading it again. Does the installation in the car write something to the thumbdrive to ensure it doesn’t get installed a second time?
I just took the same exact flash drive that I used for same update previously. Inserted it into USB in the car, when to system info section and selected Update. It told me version is same but I proceeded anyways.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just took the same exact flash drive that I used for same update previously. Inserted it into USB in the car, when to system info section and selected Update. It told me version is same but I proceeded anyways.
That does not appear to be an option with the latest update. Some files do appear to get written to the thumb drive. That might be the issue for me.

I get file not recognized or supported!

·
Super Moderator
1,663 Posts
I noticed when I travel, there are areas I don't get weather or Doppler.
Appears it comes from a local HD FM station. If there are no HD FM stations
broadcasting at that time of day, right where I'm at, then mine doesn't work.
Other than that mine works fine.
I'd redownload the update to my computer and do it all over again
Your subscription says it is active, so it has to be something local.

·
Registered
8 Posts
With the latest 14.10 update, I have the same issue with bluelink weather. It says additional setup required. I have always been able to reinstall updates but with this latest I can concur that it will not reinstall. I even tried re-downloading on a different formatted thumb drive and it does not work. Bluelink support was terrible and offered no solutions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
With the latest 14.10 update, I have the same issue with bluelink weather. It says additional setup required. I have always been able to reinstall updates but with this latest I can concur that it will not reinstall. I even tried re-downloading on a different formatted thumb drive and it does not work. Bluelink support was terrible and offered no solutions.
Did this issue ever get resolved for you?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Did this issue ever get resolved for you?
No. Still have an open ticket at Hyundai BlueLink. Not holding my breath though. They are really not even aware of the update other than they know it exists because of owners calling.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It is unbelievable that they allow this problem to persist over numerous iterations of "upgrades." Happened to me last time, as well. Annoying that no one at Hyundai has answers.

·
Registered
654 Posts
My weather is no longer working, and I get the same message about Additional Setup required.

I called BlueLink and they are useless. The transferred me to Sirius and of course they tried to sell me on their weather and traffic package.

Weather worked before without any Sirius prescription so what do I do now?

I have not loaded the latest update since I didn’t like the look of the new update.

Ideas?

·
Registered
222 Posts
My weather is no longer working, and I get the same message about Additional Setup required.

I called BlueLink and they are useless. The transferred me to Sirius and of course they tried to sell me on their weather and traffic package.

Weather worked before without any Sirius prescription so what do I do now?

I have not loaded the latest update since I didn’t like the look of the new update.

Ideas?
From another post of mine...

After all this time I finally received my second call back from Hyundai BlueLink team and can report one issue’s troubleshooting steps and confirm that the profiles should work for 2020 vehicles, but they are still working the profile sync issue and will be back in contact with me in 3-5 business days.

The weather issue: My weather issue fixed itself and it appears it is related to Daylight Savings Time.

The steps to fix the weather issue:
1.) turn on head unit
2.) hard button setup, then touch general.
3.) Go to Date/time. Uncheck daylight savings time if it is on, or check it if it is off.
4.) Go back to home screen.
5.)Turn off the car and open the car door to kill the head unit.
6.) wait one minute.
7.) turn car back on and then fix your daylight savings time to the proper state.

That is it and this supposedly fixes the weather. I think my weather issue fixed itself when I changed the daylight savings time too but I am not certain.
Will report back on the profile issue, which is definitely a confirmed issue and should be working for 2020 vehicles, in 3-5 business days.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Thanks for the write up and instructions!

But it didn’t work for me. I’m still pissed after the useless BlueLink call and the transfer to talk to Sirius/XM.

I had to use BlueLink roadside service and that was a bad experience too. If Hyundai wants people to subscribe to these services after our 3years are up, they should look into providing better service.

I’ll give it a day and try your steps again. I’ll keep an eye out if anyone has any other possible solutions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks for the write up and instructions!

But it didn’t work for me. I’m still pissed after the useless BlueLink call and the transfer to talk to Sirius/XM.

I had to use BlueLink roadside service and that was a bad experience too. If Hyundai wants people to subscribe to these services after our 3years are up, they should look into providing better service.

I’ll give it a day and try your steps again. I’ll keep an eye out if anyone has any other possible solutions.

Thanks!
Might need to do the update.
Just know that the weather does not come from Sirius, not does it come from HD radio signal; it comes from connected services, meaning the on board cell modem.
So maybe you need to update to get the latest ip address for the weather service.

I’d try the update, the only bug left seems to be the profile syncing.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Ok, I guess I could do the latest update. Haha

Not a fan of the new look though, especially the silly tube radio.

I haven’t seen others complain of their weather no longer working with the previous update. I’ll have to consider the latest update...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok, I guess I could do the latest update. Haha

Not a fan of the new look though, especially the silly tube radio.

I haven’t seen others complain of their weather no longer working with the previous update. I’ll have to consider the latest update...
Hey,
Did this issue ever get resolved for you. Seems i am in the same boat now. Im in Canada though and our Bluelink support beats yours in terms of useless service..lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the EXACT same problem that went on for months with hours of calls between blue link and mapnsoft. It’s a definite Bluelink issue. Finally I made Bluelink escalate the issue. They had a very hard time figuring out how to escalate it, took Bluelink an hour to figure out how. But the guy finally escalated it. And I actually got a callback from Bluelink a week later stating that they reset my Bluelink and it should work. And it worked. The weather app came back online and has worked ever since.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts