Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Palisade owners,

My wife and I have Ultimate Palisades and we have noticed an issue on both with the Weather Info App, it works OK here in Calgary within city limits but as soon as you leave the area, the current city weather information switches to Detroit, Michigan and sometimes even within city limits for a few minutes.

Last weekend, we drove to Edmonton (3 hours trip) and it did the same during the trip, it switched to Detroit and then in some areas showed no weather info available. The app kept showing Detroit even within city limits in Edmonton.

Drove back to Calgary and shows proper weather info again.

Is anybody having the same or similar issue?

Thanks,
Erick

·
Super Moderator
1,099 Posts
Weather comes from local HD radio stations. If they are broadcasting it you get it, if not looks for nearest HD station broadcasting weather. Might be the signal is stronger from a different station

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Palisade owners,

My wife and I have Ultimate Palisades and we have noticed an issue on both with the Weather Info App, it works OK here in Calgary within city limits but as soon as you leave the area, the current city weather information switches to Detroit, Michigan and sometimes even within city limits for a few minutes.

Last weekend, we drove to Edmonton (3 hours trip) and it did the same during the trip, it switched to Detroit and then in some areas showed no weather info available. The app kept showing Detroit even within city limits in Edmonton.

Drove back to Calgary and shows proper weather info again.

Is anybody having the same or similar issue?

Thanks,
Erick
Hi I’m in Calgary as well and picked up a palisade today (feb1) my weather is showing Detroit and it doesn’t let me save Calgary? Are you showing Calgary on yours?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi I’m in Calgary as well and picked up a palisade today (feb1) my weather is showing Detroit and it doesn’t let me save Calgary? Are you showing Calgary on yours?
It does show Calgary but as I said it is hit and miss.. like you start driving and it shows Detroit then after 5 min or so shows Calgary. The behaviour/glitch occurs not often and shows Calgary 95% of the time within city limits.. as soon you go beyond city limits like Calaway park it swtiches to Detroit and the same for example in Edmonton even within city limits so somehow at least with our Palisades the system seems to work ok 95% only in Calgary.

I spoke to the dealer service manager at Crowfoot Huyndai and he said that it is known issue and they are aware of it but no resolution yet, you should complain to your dealer as well to put pressure on Huyndai to fix this issue.

Keep me posted to what you hear from your dealer.

-Erick

·
Super Moderator
1,099 Posts
In our Genesis G90 we could get local weather any place in the country, But that weather came from siriusXM.
Hyundai is no longer using that weather service. They are now using FM HD radio service for the weather, so what ever station has the strongest signal will be used. Sucks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts