Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a little deceiving as domestic (Korean) sales were actually up by 37 percent. This puts export sales down 34 percent which should equate to some deals. If the Tellurides get production up to their 100K unit production (doubtful), that could bode well for Palisade buyers who wait.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been getting the "We're not getting any more Palisades until Nov" message from dealers. Doesn't make sense to me, but maybe that's a real thing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked in with a local Telluride and a Palisade dealer this week. Kia said 2021 in a week. Hyundai said September.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up a limited 4x4 recently from a dealership in the southern part of Oklahoma and got $1800 off sticker and another $500 for military. Substantial discounts compared to the tons of dealerships in the Dallas/Fort Worth area who weren't giving any kind of discount, besides Freeman Hyundai if you tell them you are a CarPro member.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Deals have got to be coming with predicted 15% unemployment. Hertz just dumped a bunch of rentals into the market which is definitely driving retails down. I’m seriously looking at a Kia Soul. 2019 with 35K miles for $10K OTD. I just want one to beat around in + I think they’re cool as heck! I want to get a white one and paint the roof and mirrors red.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My local dealer still shows over 20 on the lot and call for price. They use to show the window sticker for the vehicle now there is a link to the brochure. It's like they don't want you to see what the vehicle has before even making a phone call. Weird part was last month they had a discount listed for each vehicle from MSRP like what they have for the rest of their vehicle line up. So if a Palisade was 40,000 there was a 2,500 discount plus any other incentives. I was shocked to see them since when my wife and I test drove one, the same dealer was like MSRP only no ADM and no discounts plus TTL. I still say if someone is really interested in these vehicles, a simple phone call and probably a carrier arrangement for the vehicle to your state. Here in NJ, we have like 2/3rds of the US locked out including some of our neighboring states. GO figure. Now the call for price might be for gauging interest for the vehicle plus they do not want to advertise a lower price than local competition. Fred Beans which is a much larger dealership the last time I looked was showing price and a much larger selection.

As for the overall economic outlook. There was been talk about many of these programs ending. I know people who have permanently lost their jobs. My co worker's wife is one of them. She worked in retail for 30 years and went through several different store closings. He said they were doing OK with the government kick in but once that is gone, his wife will have next to nothing for unemployment. I know when I was furloughed for the month of April, the $600 boost allowed me to pay off the loan on my truck. My wife was still working.

With how things are going, I might have her Sonata paid off sooner rather than later. I could pay it off right now still have money in the bank. However I thinking about seeing where things are in a couple of months. My employment returned and we had some really solid and surprising work loads. Sales were up on equipment due to stimulus loans and the like. If the trend continues, I will go another 2 or 3 months on payment and then pay off the balance. I will still have cash in the bank just more of it. I want to get into September/ October time frame to get a better idea. School starting back up. Closer to the election. May have to wait until November. This election cycle will be very pivotal. However to be able to look at everything without a vehicle payment for the first time in 3 1/2 years is pretty impressive. Since the wife's car was the first of them and OK at the time. My current truck was unexpected and delayed the purchase of a vehicle that was suppose to replace another vehicle I no longer have.

So I am behind on that replacement plan however, if the market does in fact flip price wise with the unfortunate BS that comes with a poor economy, I could be in a position to be able to purchase a solid used vehicle with a more in line price instead of the current inflated one. I have been watching used vehicle pricing, I just shake my head with the $2-4,000 increase on vehicles that have plenty of life left but are 2-4 years old. Same dealer with the Palisades on the lot, is advertising a 2018 Santa Fe Sport for 26,000 with 15,000 miles and it is a just a regular vehicle. For less money and literally 30,000 miles you can by the more loaded 2.0T Ultimate edition for a whopping 23,000 plus TTL. With everything going on. I can sit back and watch everything before making a decision. However I would not buy a vehicle right now with everything going on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts