Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Just an update to my earlier posting no issues at all with the update. Actually like the revised radio station layout better. Some highways that were relabeled relatively recently now have the correct exits which is nice. All my radio presets and saved destinations on Nav for all users were carried over.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did the update last evening. I have a 2020 and had never updated the SW. It took between 4-5 hours. I was able to do the update in Accessory mode without any issues. I checked in on it regularly in case there were message or prompts. There were a couple but as best as I can tell everything went well. After reading this forum I suspect a mistake I made was I downloaded the update to my computer and then copied it over to the USB drive. The 4-5 hours did not include that time. That process took me about 45 minutes, and I have a fairly new and fast computer. It sounds like the update would have taken a shorter time in the car if I copied it directly to the USB drive. I don't understand why but that was mentioned earlier in the forum.

I too miss the 3 section home screen and wish there was at least an option to use / create it if the customer wanted to. I'm a gadget type guy and enjoyed what I saw and looked at it often.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Sel Premium
93 Posts
I just did the update last evening. I have a 2020 and had never updated the SW. It took between 4-5 hours. I was able to do the update in Accessory mode without any issues. I checked in on it regularly in case there were message or prompts. There were a couple but as best as I can tell everything went well. After reading this forum I suspect a mistake I made was I downloaded the update to my computer and then copied it over to the USB drive. The 4-5 hours did not include that time. That process took me about 45 minutes, and I have a fairly new and fast computer. It sounds like the update would have taken a shorter time in the car if I copied it directly to the USB drive. I don't understand why but that was mentioned earlier in the forum.

I too miss the 3 section home screen and wish there was at least an option to use / create it if the customer wanted to. I'm a gadget type guy and enjoyed what I saw and looked at it often.
I believe what happened was you were so far behind on updates that it had to go through all of them to catch you up. It seems the people that are behind take the longest. If you keep up with them going forward you should find that the install takes about an hour. Not including the time it takes to load it onto the USB stick.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Sel Premium
93 Posts
Is the map full screen, or does it just do a split screen with another app?
Yes.... Lol... You can have either or.. If you want full screen maps you need to make a slight adjustment to the ratio and uncheck split screen in the vehicle I believe..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey all,

Can anyone confirm if the update can be done in a mode that doesn't need to have the car on and running?

Also, does the update also update the chipsets to other parts of the car that rely on the info screen or data driven (i.e. sensors, vehicle modes, etc)?

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy
44 Posts
Joey,

You only need to leave accessories on. I believe this new update gives you an option to upgrade while the car is off. Hyundai appears to be getting better with the update process. No need to idle your car while updating the software.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hola Palisadeans...

Embarrassed to say I can't even get the update package downloaded to the computer/flash drive. The download keeps bombing out at ~ 30%. I've tried closing and restarting the Navigation Updater app multiple times as well as completely removing it and reinstalling it. Even tried on multiple computers... no luck. I'm a mac house. Any suggestions?
Font Parallel Screenshot Terrestrial plant Electric blue

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
396 Posts
Hola Palisadeans...

Embarrassed to say I can't even get the update package downloaded to the computer/flash drive. The download keeps bombing out at ~ 30%. I've tried closing and restarting the Navigation Updater app multiple times as well as completely removing it and reinstalling it. Even tried on multiple computers... no luck. I'm a mac house. Any suggestions?
Is the USB stick big enough? Not sure about how Mac allocates HD space, but there's enough there to decompress the zip file?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Get a 64gb that is more than likely your problem.
It is not going to recognize that 256 gb usb drivee
Yep... did that yesterday. Same decompression errors while downloading to hard drive. It isn't even getting to the point where data is being transferred to usb. That said, downloading directly to the usb produces the same result.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can anyone else confirm that the only way to get full screen Android Auto is to lower video resolution and turn off split screen? It's a shame because at the lower resolution setting it's not as crisp a display. If I keep it at max resolution and split-screen off it has a nice layout, but it still has the clock on the right side taking up 1/3 of the display. Kind of a shame.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
404 Posts
Can anyone else confirm that the only way to get full screen Android Auto is to lower video resolution and turn off split screen? It's a shame because at the lower resolution setting it's not as crisp a display. If I keep it at max resolution and split-screen off it has a nice layout, but it still has the clock on the right side taking up 1/3 of the display. Kind of a shame.
I’ll send you back here for the full explainer, but bottom line is, Hyundai has brought us into 2019 and enabled Android Auto to utilize the full 1920 x 720 wide screen, and the rest is up to Google.

You currently have a few options:
1. keep the Hyundai split screen option checked and have AA use 2/3 and the Hyundai UI use the rest.
2. uncheck the Hyundai split screen option, and AA will utilize the full screen. You see the standard widescreen AA interface (one large app and one smaller app)
3. further fiddle with developer settings and reduce resolution to 1280 px wide, reverting AA to show one single app across the entire screen.

Of course, the AA interface is going to change later this summer when Google releases that. It is going to have a split interface on even non-widescreens. Not sure what the details are going to be beside that. Guess we will find out once it ships.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ll send you back here for the full explainer, but bottom line is, Hyundai has brought us into 2019 and enabled Android Auto to utilize the full 1920 x 720 wide screen, and the rest is up to Google.

You currently have a few options:
1. keep the Hyundai split screen option checked and have AA use 2/3 and the Hyundai UI use the rest.
2. uncheck the Hyundai split screen option, and AA will utilize the full screen. You see the standard widescreen AA interface (one large app and one smaller app)
3. further fiddle with developer settings and reduce resolution to 1280 px wide, reverting AA to show one single app across the entire screen.

Of course, the AA interface is going to change later this summer when Google releases that. It is going to have a split interface on even non-widescreens. Not sure what the details are going to be beside that. Guess we will find out once it ships.
Thanks so much. It's definitely an improvement, but I use XM/Sirius so I'll probably keep the split screen anyway. It would be perfect if you could keep split screen on, but be able to open and close it while Android Auto fills the screen when closed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've done the update and now I have nothing on my home screen. Just 4 vertical bars that hop up and down. I push NAV button and nothing happens. I push MAPS and nothing happens. When I go to the Radio no more split screen just one solid. I miss the 1/3 screen on right that showed my map or weather.
Also the Bluelink won't connect anymore. Keeps saying to call Customer Service.

This update sucks. Anyway to go back to original triple screen before update?

Sorry if this was covered already.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
404 Posts
I've done the update and now I have nothing on my home screen. Just 4 vertical bars that hop up and down. I push NAV button and nothing happens. I push MAPS and nothing happens. When I go to the Radio no more split screen just one solid. I miss the 1/3 screen on right that showed my map or weather.
Also the Bluelink won't connect anymore. Keeps saying to call Customer Service.

This update sucks. Anyway to go back to original triple screen before update?

Sorry if this was covered already.
Sounds like you need to run the update again because your navigation obviously didn’t install since it isn’t loading.

You can not revert.

You do still have split screen in radio or any other app. You can bring it in or remove it by tapping the arrow at the far right of the screen when you have any app open.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you know if it happened to add wireless Apple Carplay?
True wireless car play is not on the new version New sw version: LX2.USA.S5W_M.V008.220504. However, bluetooth for music works great. Just not the full Carplay screen. Also "Haptic" is gone from the lane change (without blinker) you only get the annoying beep.

181 - 200 of 210 Posts