Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
Thanks for the details, but seems like oh so much work! I am dealing with a company now that will know after the New Year if their CD player will work in the 21 Palisades. Two units, NAV 853 and NAV 872 did not work, but this company says their "might" but staff is out till Monday. They will then check their unit in a 2021 Palisade so maybe it will work Fingers crossed. I have too many CDs to spend time "ripping" them. But if the unit does not work, then I will have to consider doing this laborious process. I do appreciate your quick, concise reply!

· Registered
148 Posts
well for now it is plugged into the USB hub on the center console. At first I was going to thread it to the bigger, deeper bin because I could mount it on the side. But then I "found" this little tunnel under the USB hub in the center bin that allows me to for now just lay it down on that flat bin under the transmission buttons. I layed it there today and hit bumps and it performed flawlessly. I may just Velcro it there. Not sure. If I were brave, I could drill a hole on the "wall" between the center bin and the bigger rear bin. The USB cable is hard wired on the unit end and has a "barrel" near the end of the USB cable end. Still playing with it since it came today.

· Registered
83 Posts
Thanks. I am quite happy now that I located a CD player that works fine. Saves me from all the downloading to the jump drive. Appreciate the tip, however.
But - you'll have all those cd's to store somewhere, and they are prone to scratching as well as warping when left in a hot vehicle. Plus, now you'll have to come up with a place to install/hide your cd player. Seems kinda like backwards progress to me, but alas - it's yours and you can do whatever you like. 👍 I'll say no more.....

· Registered
148 Posts
no problem, have plenty of CD holders and we still like to read the liner notes and booklets. Not an issue at all. I have never scratched or soiled a CD yet. I just don't have the time to rip all these flashdrives. And placing the CD player is not an issue at all. I have it under the console in a nice safe flat place. I will eventually drill a hole for the cable and mount it vertically in the bigger bin where it will be fine. My wife's Volvo puts their factory CD player in the same place I will put mine. I already have had 25 requests for the company name in Florida, so I am not alone. Appreciate it.

· Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
790 Posts
My wife has instructed me that when we replace her truck with a new one, it will have a CD player in it. We're more old school and she's less willing to embrace newer technologies than I am. While I do have the music on the flash drive, I don't like how I have to scroll through the root menu using the touch screen. On the steering wheel would be better. That makes me miss CD players.

· Administrator
2,626 Posts
To bad you can't get one like they have in the Genesis G90.
It's in the glove box. You open the glove box and don't see it
push on the top inside and it tilts down. Inset disc and push
back up it is out of sight.

· Registered
148 Posts
Actually I plan to install it vertically in the big bin. I can route the USB cable from the center bin, poke a hole and mount in on the inside wall. My wife's Volvo does it this way from the factory. When you open the bin, you just slide it in....

· Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
790 Posts
I don't know the reach to the glove box in the G90 but you really need to lean over to even just open the glove box in the Palisade.

· Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone confirmed these USB/mp3 limits (taken from owners manual)?

Maximum number of directory layers: 20
Maximum number of folders: 2,000 (including ROOT)
Maximum number of files: 8,000

Especially interested in the number of files limit.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.