Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having issues running their Apple CarPlay and listening to either FM or Sirius? Whenever I am using Waze for navigation I cannot use the radio to listen to music. It will cut in and out and continually tell me that Apple CarPlay is in use. Very frustrating feature. I have a iPhone 10 that is updated and using a brand new lighting cable in the USB port.

hoping there is a work around, or I have a simple setting enabled that is causing this but have searched all over in my settings on the car and phone and cant find anything that would be causing this issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having similar issue with no sound from Waze. Front speakers cut out when waze is supposed to cut in, but no voice when connected with carplay?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I use both all the time generally without issue... I love the way Radio or streaming music feathers in and out when Waze needs to make an announcement.

-I did anecdotally note that I think your better off turning the Radio on and setting a comfortable volume and then engaging Waze.
-I seemed to notice that sometimes the volume knob does not respond on the AV system otherwise.

I have had issues in the past with Waze just running on my phone, prior to the Palisade where sound went offline or even came up in another darn language. In both cases I had to futz with Waze, close the app etc. to get it to behave. Once I got so frustrated I deleted the app and downloaded it again. Though mostly opening and closing it seemed to help.

I believe there are settings for Waze Audio on the phone to be on or off if I remember. Again never changed any of these settings on purpose.
-Note as well sometimes your phone can be doing "fake" bluetooth audio so you might have to flip that on and off only your phone.

One way to test for some some of these issues to close Waze and open Apple Maps or Google Maps and see if they have similar sound issue.

Lastly if IOS is up to date a reboot never hurts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The volume for the Hyundai Nav voice appears to control the volume in the other nav apps as well. When you hear the radio cut out for the nav instruction turn the Radio volume knob up at the same time. It seems to have solved my problem in the driveway, but haven’t road tested it yet. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Following up on this, I ended up deleting a bunch of apps and realized an app called Moment (used to track screen time, # of pickups, app usage) was the culprit, It was constantly running in the background monitoring and was interfering with the apple car play / Waze features. Was very happy when everything started to work as expected.

hope this helps anyone else that stumbles across something like this.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thanks another variable to check. I still noticed what i mentioned earlier (mind you models with Drivers package may be potentially be different (I do not have that)...

If you merely have the radio OFF and go straight to Apple Car Play/Waze, etc. (not tested bluetooth audio as much) you may not always have sufficient volume or volume control at times.

If you turn on the radio up to a decent volume and then go to Apple Car play this will not happen and you will able to hear and control the volume further if needed. I have noticed this continues even if you later turn off the radio that you will maintain volume control.

I think it's a bit of a bug in the AV system, that it does not always respond to the volume knob when Apple play source has audio if the radio was not on at some point during the Apple Car play session.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts