Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone updated their 2020 Driver Profile(s) with a unique avatar? If so, how did you do it? Everything I've seen so far applies to the 2021 model year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I replaced mine with a custom jpg image on my 2021. It didn't seem to work so I gave up. Mysteriously, 6 days after I attempted to do it and driving it every day, it showed up on engine start on the 6th day. I don't know why it took so long.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I replaced mine with a custom jpg image on my 2021. It didn't seem to work so I gave up. Mysteriously, 6 days after I attempted to do it and driving it every day, it showed up on engine start on the 6th day. I don't know why it took so long.
I replaced mine for both profiles. I ended up loading the images from main BL app, select Palisade, manage drivers and from there you can upload the images. Once done, the next time when you start the car and switch to correct profile, it will ask if you want to download from BL (can’t remember exact words) and you will have to complete that process for it to save it to the car. Of course in the profile settings you will have to set your picture to to BL display pic.

This is on 2021 Calligraphy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced mine for both profiles. I ended up loading the images from main BL app, select Palisade, manage drivers and from there you can upload the images. Once done, the next time when you start the car and switch to correct profile, it will ask if you want to download from BL (can’t remember exact words) and you will have to complete that process for it to save it to the car. Of course in the profile settings you will have to set your picture to to BL display pic.

This is on 2021 Calligraphy.
Thank you for the response. I have to conclude that this feature is not available for the 2020 model year.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thank you for the response. I have to conclude that this feature is not available for the 2020 model year.
I should also mention the ability to update the profile picture became available with the Nov mapping update and I would expect it to be available on 2020 model too. If you haven’t installed the new update then you won’t have it.

Keep in mind the jury on the update features is very divided.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
244 Posts
I should also mention the ability to update the profile picture became available with the Nov mapping update and I would expect it to be available on 2020 model too. If you haven’t installed the new update then you won’t have it.

Keep in mind the jury on the update features is very divided.
I updated and have profiles in the car. However there is no way to link the drivers to profiles or update picture through MyHyundai or BlueLink app.

I have a 2020 but the system should be identical to 2021.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I updated and have profiles in the car. However there is no way to link the drivers to profiles or update picture through MyHyundai or BlueLink app.

I have a 2020 but the system should be identical to 2021.
Unfortunately, the system does not allow an avatar to be uploaded for the 2020 model.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been able to load custom driver profile icons via BlueLink website. (21 Calligraphy). Does anyone know if the driver profile can automatically be determined/selected vs having to manual select. I have been able to assign unique Bluetooth devices to each profile, so my thought was when the vehicle connects to that device it will automatically select that diver profile, however that does not seem to be the case. Anyone have any luck with this or have any thoughts?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have been able to load custom driver profile icons via BlueLink website. (21 Calligraphy). Does anyone know if the driver profile can automatically be determined/selected vs having to manual select. I have been able to assign unique Bluetooth devices to each profile, so my thought was when the vehicle connects to that device it will automatically select that diver profile, however that does not seem to be the case. Anyone have any luck with this or have any thoughts?
The last selected profile will be defaulted the next time you start the vehicle but you will need to go through the confirm screen. This is as far as it takes and doesn’t default based on Bluetooth device/key fob. Would’ve been nice if they had that intelligence built but alas it doesn’t go that far.

·
Super Moderator
1,258 Posts
I have the 2020 limited, my usual screen is the map.
When I start the palisade I do not touch the confirm and
it then reverts to the map, with out me doing anything
always to the last profile used.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts