Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

521 - 534 of 534 Posts

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
Gene I think it all depends on the dealer and the service they give and your relationship with the dealer some people go in with a demanding attitude wanting this a that. I get the same service with the Hyundai dealer and Ram dealer and Mercedes its the relationship you build with them so i get the same level of service but the waiting room perks are a little better at the Benz dealership.

·
Registered
525 Posts
while there are always demanding customers of any product, I tend to agree with gene that modern-day service is lacking because it has become all about the bottom line (money).

maybe it also depends on the dealership too, whether they have employees that actually stay for awhile and get treated well by their employers who actually stress good customer service. My experience here, over 35 years of new car buying (but never the "luxury" names) has been that I never see the same service advisor twice so it's impossible to build any type of relationship. Actually, strike that. For my 2011 Sonata I got to see the same service advisor over the course of two years before the dealership shut down, and he and I got along great and I didn't dread taking my car to him.

My last visit to the nearest Hyundai dealer got my blood boiling when the service advisor insinuated that I was trying to pull some sort of scam on them to replace two of my Limited wheels after THEY chipped the paint on them trying to do a wheel alignment, which they botched too! UGH

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently took mine in for the smell. They tried a chemical solution to remove it. When that didn’t work, they ordered me all new headrests and a new headliner. I’m waiting in them to come in. I didn’t meet any resistance. They acted like they knew about the issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here is the Technical Service Bulletin, if anyone wants to do the same treatment the dealers do to fix the smell.
I plan on trying it before I waste my time at the dealership.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is the Technical Service Bulletin, if anyone wants to do the same treatment the dealers do to fix the smell.
They did the treatment twice on mine and it still stunk. I wanted them to do it so they‘d go ahead and replace mine if it didn’t work. I worry about voiding any warranties.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If your concern is corrected then great but if not they will probably have to reproduce the steps themselves officially before moving to replacing the headrests.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oct 2020 purchased a 2021 Palisade Calligraphy with beige leather. Noticed garlic and onion smell the next day after purchase. I called dealership and they said just keep windows open to air out the vehicle. One week later I called back and complained to the dealership with no answers. After reviewing the internet and this forum, I discovered the Service Bulletin. I notified dealership and it was the first they were aware of service bulletin. I took matters in my own hands. I ordered the Febreze and ZEP from AMAZON. I removed the headrest, removed the covers, saturated the covers and foam after 2 attempts with each chemical, dried thoroughly with dehumidifier and fans, and the odor is still present after 2 days of drying. I created a Case # with Hyundia, provided all the pictures and details and awaiting Corporate Case Manager to call me to order replacement 7 headrests. Hyundia Care: 1-800-633-5151.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Today Hyundai Case Manager called to approve the dealership ordering 7 replacements headrest. Not sure how long that process will take.

Also, the Case Manager said: "Hyundai is fully aware of the odor issue and are doing everything possible to resolve the issue". I guess that means replacement headrests if you complain to the dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well got my Palisade back, electronics are working, they could not say why it happened, it just did! As for the smell, could not smell anything other than car! Still no headrest but it does not smell. My dealer feels the only fix is new headrests or replacement ones.......OK Hyundai, I am wanting for my new headrests!
Please let us know how long it takes for your 7 replacement headrest to arrive and if the replacement headrest are "odor free".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it correct that the conclusion is not from the form but from the cover leather? And does it smell from both the first row, second row, and third row headrests? Didn't the second row smell particularly bad? Thank you in advance for your reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it correct that the conclusion is not from the form but from the cover leather? And does it smell from both the first row, second row, and third row headrests? Didn't the second row smell particularly bad? Thank you in advance for your reply.
Odor is from the foam and maybe spray adhesive; not the leather. All three rows of headrest smell of the same odor.

521 - 534 of 534 Posts