Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

501 - 520 of 534 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your trade is probably gone by now. From what I understand vehicles that are traded in are typically off of the lot within 24 hrs.
Well got my Palisade back, electronics are working, they could not say why it happened, it just did! As for the smell, could not smell anything other than car! Still no headrest but it does not smell. My dealer feels the only fix is new headrests or replacement ones.......OK Hyundai, I am wanting for my new headrests!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Actually it is still there not even on the lot for sale yet. They know I was not happy about the smell. Not to say they will give me my trade back. I hate the Enclaves so if the Palisade still stinks then I have to jump to a Nissan Armada. Not happy about that scenario.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well got my Palisade back, electronics are working, they could not say why it happened, it just did! As for the smell, could not smell anything other than car! Still no headrest but it does not smell. My dealer feels the only fix is new headrests or replacement ones.......OK Hyundai, I am wanting for my new headrests!
Well that is something at least. I go to get mine at 4 today. Really not looking forward to this. My husband is out of town so I am stuck dealing with this alone. Bad for the dealership because there will be no one there to calm me down if it still smells.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well its official my brand new Palisade smells like garlic with a hint of ass. They tried to tell me it didn't smell when they checked this morning, well at 4 today it smelled terribly. I am definitely not keeping it but apparently getting my trade back is not something they really want to do. If I had thrown a fit in front of everyone maybe I would had better luck. Might try that tomorrow. For now they sent me home with an Armada, will see what kind of deal they can make me on it before I flip out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
About the only offer they could give me on the Armada would be "free". I might be willing accept it as a loaner until they found me a Palisade without the stink. Otherwise, money back or bust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well that was a hell of 3 hours at the dealership. I could take my Escalade back for $2200 or spend a ton of money on a new SUV. I did my best to keep my cool but finally had enough so we came to an agreement on a SEL premium (it doesn't have the napa leather) for a hell of a deal.
My limited Palisade smelled so bad it made your eyes water, instant headache and serious gagging.
That dealership is now warning customers beforehand and told Hyundai they would only request presold limiteds until they get the problem fixed because they are concerned it will be a health hazard. Actually heard them discussing this with a customer while we were there.
I do not know how Hyundai can continue to make and sell the limited with that issue. Complete bullshit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those of you who are getting the "we don't smell anything bad" treatment, try what I did: Pull all of your headrests - except the driver's - and put them in a large storage bin that has a tight sealing lid. It won't take but a few hours before the odor is eye-watering. When I talked to the Service Manager about it, he said he had heard about the "smell issue" but hadn't experienced it. When I cracked the lid on the storage bin, it made a believer out of him immediately! Now he's waiting for something that Hyundai is sending out to dealers to try to remedy the odor. He didn't say what exactly that is supposed to be, but once he gets it he will call me and I'll take mine in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A suggestion for those who are having problems removing the outer third row headrests: try it with the headrests folded forward. You may need to lower the third row seats to get them to fold down, then raise the seats but leave the headrests folded. I tried removing mine with them vertical, but couldn't get the clips to release. By doing it with them folded, you can look in the hole where the posts go into the headrests and see the metal retainer move when you push down on the correct spot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
is this odor issue present in 2021 Calligraphy models with Grey Nappa?
All napa leather. Some say they can't smell it others like me it is so bad they can't drive them. My advise wait until Hyundai gets a fix or a new leather. They are aware of the issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok so I picked up my SEL with leather seats today after giving back the Limited because it smelled. I smell the chemical smell in it to. My daughter husband say it is a new car smell, I disagree. Now I am terrified it is going to develop the same smell. Anyone have smell issues with the SEL with leather that smells?

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you smell an unpleasant smell its not just you and it isnt anything you have in the car. I bought a Limited Palisade with black interior in October 19. To put it in the words of the Hyundai technician “it smells like old worn socks”. The smell takes your breath away when you first open the door and i have a poor sense of smell. I met a woman with a Limited Palisade with light interior and when I mentioned this her eyes got big and threw her hands up in the air. She told me she purchased the first one the lot sold in July 2019 and had been thinking it was something she had in the car all along. She had been trying for 8 months at this point to get the smell out, but could not.
My wife opened a ticket with Hyundai’s corporate office after taking it to the dealership twice where they order bombed it and vacuumed it to no avail. The techs told my wife they could smell what she was talking about. When corporate(Coyle) called me to tell me they were closing the ticket because (Sam) the service director said it smelled like new car smell i had them hold open the ticket. I called Sam and told him i would see him tomorrow so he could fix his error after we determine he never smelled my wife’s car. Sam opened the door in front of me and pulled back out and acknowledged that was definitely NOT a new car smell. We went back in and I had Sam call Coyle to confirm this, but of course Coyle didnt pick up. Sam and I both left voicemails, Coyle didn't call me back. Sam said he was contacting his director who would advise what they would do about this and would call me back. Sam didn't call me back either. I got home from work today and my wife tells me corporate called her and told her they were not going to do anything to fix the old sock smell in our $50,000 Hyundai and that she could take it up with the BBB. I heard Hyundai didn't have great service before, but seriously?
HYMTF Hyundai Motors stock ticker.
Americans buy a product &/or service, we DEMAND the manufacturers & sellers of those products &/or services to provide acceptable solutions (determined by the purchaser) to problems.

I am a first-time buyer of an HYMTF product and expect every problem & concern to be remedied, similarly as we Americans demand from OTHER Corporations doing business in America.

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
I've never understood why people don't test drive and checkout the vehicles before they buy them.
If you find a problem with the car , why would you buy it before it is fixed.
I can understand when someone is buying their first car, or first time buying one on their own.
So many are buying the cars that have a problem and then bitch because it has a problem.
Test the vehicle out before you buy it. With the way our industries work today, if you buy a car
with a problem the companies say you bought the car and the problem.
That isn't the way it was when I was younger, companies cared some about the consumer.
Today it is the bottom line. Learn to protect yourself.
There are still Suv's out there that will cater to your every wish, But you have to pay big
bucks to those companies for their service, you can't buy a lower priced vehicle and expect
the same level of service

501 - 520 of 534 Posts