Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
Does palisade need an alignment, are the tires out of balance, do you have a bad shock do you keep tires properly inflated? just some of the reasons tires cup

·
Registered
6 Posts
They have not and will not check alignment... Hyundai dealership rotated tires and re balanced them on first service. properly inflated and all 4 tires having same issue. Bridgestone is saying its not on them and so is Hyundai

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
Did they do a road force balance? or just screw up the balance with a bubble balance?
Try taking it to someplace like Discount tire and have them check the vehicle.
Half these kids working at Hyundai dealerships, couldn't balance toy cars on a Walmart shelf
A good tire shop will be able to tell you what is wrong, will save you money in the long run.
If there is more wrong than the balance, get a statement from the tire shop and go back
to a different Hyundai Dealership

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
No dealer will do an alignment for free after 12000 miles i would suggest that you take it to a tire shop like Gene mentioned to have a 4 wheel alignment done and all 4 tires cupping seems odd to me with a new vehicle did you feel any vibration , pulling to one side i don't think a forced balance will be necessary as most shops have a spin balance and the the accuracy is with the person doing the balance and make sure they take off balance weights before balance .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dealer finally agreed to check alignment and the dealer has serviced it since we bought it. Bridgestone says it is not there problem and offered 25 percent off new tires. I dont want new tires on a vehicle that is going to do the same thing to the new tires.

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
I would suggest that you have them do a 4 wheel alignment and if it was me i would just take it to a tire dealer you trust and have them do it have them inspect your suspension system and if all is within limits buy new tires as the tires the manufacturer puts on is from a low bidder and if you had a suspension problem you would have had noticeable vibration steering wheel vibration and would not be centered also pulling to the left or right when driving a flat road .

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
jr313 I was wondering what tire press you running the placard is on the drivers door frame and if your pressure is to low the sidewall will flex and cause cupping as the tire wear will be on outside tread. I check my tire pressure once a week and check when tire is cool as when tire heats up pressure inside tire expands and when cold its opposite .

21 - 29 of 29 Posts