Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle has less than 7000 miles on the clock and tires are already in the yellow. Dealership is blaming it on uneven tire wear. Say the part of the issue is the weight of the vehicle. Any one else had this problem?

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
i would think its a alignment problem and nonsense on weight of vehicle. I have 5500 miles and tires look brand new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would think its a alignment problem and nonsense on weight of vehicle. I have 5500 miles and tires look brand new.
I am taking it in next week for an alignment. I agree re the weight concern being a non-issue but have contacted Hyundai to get their take on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I do know that my vehicle was delivered with 47psi in each tire. The warning system did not say anything was wrong. I only found it by flipping through the screen modes and when it landed on the tire pressure screen all tires were at 47psi. I called the dealer from the road and they apologized saying the sticker on the door and the correct pressure should be 35psi. My other vehicle warns me when the tire pressure is outside a very small window from the factory recommended pressure. Hopefully, your issue isn't tire pressure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am taking it in next week for an alignment. I agree re the weight concern being a non-issue but have contacted Hyundai to get their take on it.
I was told by my dealer that you get one free alignment before 12 months/12,000 miles are up... Not sure if that is Hyundai policy or dealer-specific... You might want to ask.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealer quoted me $99 so thinking that's a dealer specific offer. Would have been nice though!

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts

Covers repair or replacement of any Hyundai Genuine Replacement Parts or Accessories supplied by Hyundai that are defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance.

Genuine Hyundai Parts or Accessories supplied by Hyundai and purchased from an authorized Hyundai dealer, but not installed by an authorized Hyundai dealer, are covered for 12 months/unlimited miles.

Accessories installed on a vehicle at the time of, or prior to, the vehicle's date of first use are covered under the 5-Year/60,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Accessories installed after the vehicle's date of first use are covered for 12 months/12,000 miles.

It covers defective material ,workmanship under normal use so your uneven tire wire should be covered as long as you can convince dealer it was normal use>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked with both Hyundai and Bridgestone and both are saying the tire wear is not covered by a warranty. Bridgestone say they do not warranty tires that come with the vehicle, Hyundai say they don't warranty the tires at all....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I checked with both Hyundai and Bridgestone and both are saying the tire wear is not covered by a warranty. Bridgestone say they do not warranty tires that come with the vehicle, Hyundai say they don't warranty the tires at all....
If the uneven wear is caused by a defect such as a tie rod end they yes they should replace it. You can call the corporate office for assistance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On a side note Hyundai said that since Bridgestone don't warranty the new tires that came with the new vehicle, I should consider purchasing tires from a manufacturer that does.

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
Well did you have dealer do a alignment to see if that was a problem you mention uneven tire wear is it all 4 . When you say Hyundai said was it the dealer or corporate as your statement sounds like a dealers comment and you are the only member that has had this problem some pictures would be nice. I see you also mentioned you check tire press on regular basis and how about the tire condition and did this problem just happen all of a sudden.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With the holidays I haven't had the alignment done as of yet. Once I do I will update with the findings. My contact has been with both Bridgestone and Hyundai customer support. Both state the tires have no warranty regardless..the tire condition was noted at the first service

·
Registered
7 Posts

Covers repair or replacement of any Hyundai Genuine Replacement Parts or Accessories supplied by Hyundai that are defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance.

Genuine Hyundai Parts or Accessories supplied by Hyundai and purchased from an authorized Hyundai dealer, but not installed by an authorized Hyundai dealer, are covered for 12 months/unlimited miles.

Accessories installed on a vehicle at the time of, or prior to, the vehicle's date of first use are covered under the 5-Year/60,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Accessories installed after the vehicle's date of first use are covered for 12 months/12,000 miles.

It covers defective material ,workmanship under normal use so your uneven tire wire should be covered as long as you can convince dealer it was normal use>
But does not cover tires. Just FYI. Have had 8 Hyundai’s and tires/alignment is not covered. Also sold them for 2months in off season.

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
With the holidays I haven't had the alignment done as of yet. Once I do I will update with the findings. My contact has been with both Bridgestone and Hyundai customer support. Both state the tires have no warranty regardless..the tire condition was noted at the first service
I will be very interested on what caused the uneven tire wear and when you noted the tire wear at first service how many miles did you have. I know these vehicles do get bounced around during shipping and alignments can be off . I have a suggestion you might plead your case to the dealerships general manger if you bought it at that dealer and he can pull some strings to get it taken care of as i have done so in the past.

·
Super Moderator
1,102 Posts
Some times dealerships can get Hyundai to do a one time good will gesture by fixing problem and replacing tire.
Talk to the dealerships director of marketing or consumer affaires. Sales people should be able to direct you to the person who can help with this one time good will gesture

1 - 20 of 29 Posts