Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the centre cap on the 17 spoke wheels from the Ultimate. Changing over to my winter rims tomorrow and don't want to wreck the centre caps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the method on another Palisade forum.
1) Lift up the rear under storage area to reveal the jack tool compartment
2) Drop the door and behold what appears to be a sardine can key
3) Place the 'key' in the hole and give it a tug

4) Viola, center cap removed

·
Registered
24 Posts
Found the method on another Palisade forum.
1) Lift up the rear under storage area to reveal the jack tool compartment
2) Drop the door and behold what appears to be a sardine can key
3) Place the 'key' in the hole and give it a tug

4) Viola, center cap removed
Thank you. I wish I had seen this before we picked up a nail on a trip. The tire shop employee tried prying the center cap off with a screwdriver and gouged the center cap. At one point, I told him that it looked like he needed to insert something into the hole in the center cap and pull. As it turns out, I was correct, but we couldn't find a specific tool in the vehicle.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thank you. I wish I had seen this before we picked up a nail on a trip. The tire shop employee tried prying the center cap off with a screwdriver and gouged the center cap. At one point, I told him that it looked like he needed to insert something into the hole in the center cap and pull. As it turns out, I was correct, but we couldn't find a specific tool in the vehicle.
doh! I hope the shop paid to replace the center cap. I will refrain from calling the tire shop employee a bad name.

🙃

1 - 4 of 4 Posts