Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Palisade Limited AWD for about 6 weeks and love it. There are two things that I haven’t quite figured out yet and yes, I have looked through the manual and searched around here but haven’t found the answers, but I think I remember seeing something about it so I acknowledge that I am most likely missing something.
Questions:
1.what is the Blulink button for up near the interior lights panel on the ceiling. Next to the navigation button?
2. I thought I read somewhere that you could set Homelink on your rear view mirror to open automatically when it sensed the car arriving. Did I just dream that? I paired it fine and it works but my teenagers would be much more impressed if it just opened when we drove up I really want to have that moment. And frankly just between us I think I’ve grown a bit spoiled with all the automatic features and now feel that reaching for the button on my rear view mirror is now beneath me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had my Palisade Limited AWD for about 6 weeks and love it. There are two things that I haven’t quite figured out yet and yes, I have looked through the manual and searched around here but haven’t found the answers, but I think I remember seeing something about it so I acknowledge that I am most likely missing something.
Questions:
1.what is the Blulink button for up near the interior lights panel on the ceiling. Next to the navigation button?
2. I thought I read somewhere that you could set Homelink on your rear view mirror to open automatically when it sensed the car arriving. Did I just dream that? I paired it fine and it works but my teenagers would be much more impressed if it just opened when we drove up I really want to have that moment. And frankly just between us I think I’ve grown a bit spoiled with all the automatic features and now feel that reaching for the button on my rear view mirror is now beneath me.
I don’t believe it opens up automatically, you’ll have to push the button on the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
59 Posts
2. I thought I read somewhere that you could set Homelink on your rear view mirror to open automatically when it sensed the car arriving.
No, it does not work that way. You have to push a button. It sounds what you read was telling you that it would open your automatic (vs manual) garage door, not that it would automatically open your automatic door. :D

·
Super Moderator
993 Posts
The Blulink button up near the interior lights panel on the ceiling, uses google to locate what you are looking for.
It is more up to date than the steering wheel voice control, and works for me really well if looking for an address or business, place or thing. Disadvantage is it does not control radio stations, go home, and phone calls, etc. in the car like steering wheel voice control does.
I use the ceiling blulink button most of the time, it is fast and you can lookup almost any thing you can find on google, with up to date info. steering wheel button uses info stored in car system. This can some times be 2 years old

1 - 4 of 4 Posts