Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a set of Tuxmat (car mats) in their vehicle yet? Ordered a set and they seem to have good reviews on other vehicles.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They arrived today. Look really good. Ended up $391 CAD including delivery to BC. I’m going to fit them next few days and I’ll post some photos of any pros and cons.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toot the matts installed couple of weeks back. Really good fit and seem far better fit than weather tech. My mate is in to YouTube videos so he recorded the whole process to show how we did it and I’ll postnthe link as soon as he has the video edited. Matts look great in the palisade, go really well with the interior look. They cover more area and carpet than any other mat I’ve used on vehicles before. I live in BC Canada and can be dusty up here. Mats are nice waterproof easy to clean surface on top and soft on underside . Due to the trim clips and Velcro tape I used for the install, I don’t remove the mats to clean, just vacuum in place and wipe with a damp cloth. They seem to be catching every bit of dirt brought into the vehicle.

Rocammillers. Look like new when cleaned, can see marks on mats when they are dirty due to mud etc but all cleans up good.

My view is they are worth every penny. As I said before I post the link soon which shows the install and fit of mats

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you're a Discover Card holder you are in luck. Amazon has the TuxMats in stock for the Palisade, $291, free delivery and no tax for Prime members. Use your Discover Card and get an additional 5% cashback so net $276.45.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you're a Discover Card holder you are in luck. Amazon has the TuxMats in stock for the Palisade, $291, free delivery and no tax for Prime members. Use your Discover Card and get an additional 5% cashback so net $276.45.
Thank you! When I look at these on Amazon, it doesn’t look like they are prime eligible though, so I wonder if I’m looking at the right seller (Tuxmat)? Also, how does the 5% cash back Discover promotion work? Do I need to sign up for it? Thanks again!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the info! I’ll look for that promotion so we can sign up for it.
Any update on the YouTube video or photos after its installed? Looking to decide between Tuxmat or WeatherTech since winter is coming up very soon! From what I can tell from the photos on the product pages, it seems like Tuxmat ones cover more areas compared to the WeatherTech ones which is probably why they cost more. Do you also have the trunk mat or have an idea if that just covers the cargo area or if it includes the 3rd row as well? It seems like the only option to get a split cargo mat is to get the Canadian OEM one which I can't find in the US.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any update on the YouTube video or photos after its installed? Looking to decide between Tuxmat or WeatherTech since winter is coming up very soon! From what I can tell from the photos on the product pages, it seems like Tuxmat ones cover more areas compared to the WeatherTech ones which is probably why they cost more. Do you also have the trunk mat or have an idea if that just covers the cargo area or if it includes the 3rd row as well? It seems like the only option to get a split cargo mat is to get the Canadian OEM one which I can't find in the US.
Hi there, my friend did take the clip of the install but has yet to edit it and send me the link. I didn’t bother with the trunk matting but after having to clean it several times after family trips I will be looking to get the cargo area covered. As far as the tuxmats are concerned they are great cover way more than the weather tech in my F150 but that maybe different in the palisade . I have row 1,2,3 which came in the kit. When the 3rd row is down flat you don’t see the matting and you would have to cover the rear of the third row seat . just looked at the post you put on with the weather tech but that cargo cover must have to be taken out or folds up to use 3rd row? Not had any problems with the Tuxmat sand they clean up really easy. Although i won’t be taking out the mats to clean until spring, they vaccu and wash up fine with a sponge without dragging them out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there, my friend did take the clip of the install but has yet to edit it and send me the link. I didn’t bother with the trunk matting but after having to clean it several times after family trips I will be looking to get the cargo area covered. As far as the tuxmats are concerned they are great cover way more than the weather tech in my F150 but that maybe different in the palisade . I have row 1,2,3 which came in the kit. When the 3rd row is down flat you don’t see the matting and you would have to cover the rear of the third row seat . just looked at the post you put on with the weather tech but that cargo cover must have to be taken out or folds up to use 3rd row? Not had any problems with the Tuxmat sand they clean up really easy. Although i won’t be taking out the mats to clean until spring, they vaccu and wash up fine with a sponge without dragging them out.
What was the installation process like? I am worried about how they clip into the car since they dont use the standard clips in the car. Do you think they could slip or move in the front row which could cause an accident? I am thinking of the incidents with the Toyotas and the mats sliding underneath the brake/gas pedals.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What was the installation process like? I am worried about how they clip into the car since they dont use the standard clips in the car. Do you think they could slip or move in the front row which could cause an accident? I am thinking of the incidents with the Toyotas and the mats sliding underneath the brake/gas pedals.
The mats are held in place with a very secure locking clip and do not move. Also the way the mats cover the interior is a really tight fit. I just looked at the pictures on the weather tech forum and Tuxmat leave them for dead with the fitting. I spoke to my mate and he will hopefully have the instal video edited soon. But mean time I will post some photos of the mats in place to let you see how well they fit. I’ll take some photos tomorrow after work. It’s the first time I have bought Tuxmat but really don’t think I’d buy weathertech again due to the better coverage with Tuxmat. All three rows fitted nice. Only one flaw I found but was easily sorted buy velcro tape. But nothing that would change my mind.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only fl I found was on the second row, if you look at the phot of the second row matting, where it goes along the side of the seat towards the 3rd row you‘ll see the narrow section below the lift handle about 2inches wide. This had to be sorted by adding extra Velcro tape I bought as it flapped about at first. Now velcroed down its fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The only fl I found was on the second row, if you look at the phot of the second row matting, where it goes along the side of the seat towards the 3rd row you‘ll see the narrow section below the lift handle about 2inches wide. This had to be sorted by adding extra Velcro tape I bought as it flapped about at first. Now velcroed down its fine.
Got it, thanks for finding that other post, it has great photos in it. I thought the kit was supposed to have clips and velcro - are you saying you had to get velcro yourself to attach? They didnt address that flap at all in the instructions? I was able to watch the install video they have on the site and it looks pretty straight forward. I assume you just put those side clips in as needed where you see gaps? The video also shows this little pin thing that you poke into the floor but couldnt figure out if thats just for the first row or all the rows?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it, thanks for finding that other post, it has great photos in it. I thought the kit was supposed to have clips and velcro - are you saying you had to get velcro yourself to attach? They didnt address that flap at all in the instructions? I was able to watch the install video they have on the site and it looks pretty straight forward. I assume you just put those side clips in as needed where you see gaps? The video also shows this little pin thing that you poke into the floor but couldnt figure out if thats just for the first row or all the rows?
The pin thing goes into the front floor to keep the Matt’s from sliding or Moving. The kit does come with clips and Velcro stripes but i bought a role to make sure I had the strip in the second row secured. There’s not much spaces to be honest, they fit really good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts