Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seriously considered getting ceramic coating done by a professional. Tried this turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray coating instead and wow! Saved me a lot of money.
2C6444D9-5A86-4F09-83CF-6B4A8389D19B.jpeg

·
Registered
310 Posts
Looks great! A professionally applied ceramic is supposed to last two years I think. I used Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic and am happy enough with it. I'm not going to pay someone 2 or 3 hundred dollars to wax my car in hopes that a coating lasts two years. I don't mind working on my cars, but I understand those that hate it or don't have the time for it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just FYI, for those who don't know, a ceramic coating is not a one and done thing. You still need to wash your vehicle regularly and it won't protect it from scratches and dings. It will just keep your vehicle looking good longer and it will also make washing your car easier as dirt will not cling to it as easily. Also if you are someone that takes your vehicle through automatic car washes regularly it probably not something you want to invest in as those are notorious for scratching your paint. You are better off using something like @md13 used that will give you 6-12 months of protection with minimal effort for a fraction of the price.

I put 2 coats of Griot's Poly Gloss on everything on my Palisade and then followed it up with Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray about a week or two later shortly after I bought it and it still beads water everywhere and still has a slick feel to it. I have heard great things about the Turtle Wax stuff also.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
118 Posts
Good professional ceramic coating can last over 2 years. I just had it done and the car stayed at the shop for a day and a half. There was another car there for a wash that had ceramic applied over 3 yrs ago. It was very dirty so they showed it to me as example of how easy it's to maintain. As soon as it was sprayed with water it looked like a mirror and pretty much most of the water just disappeared on its own

They put on the ceramic base coat. Then the ceramic top coat.

What they told me is these ceramic sprays that you can buy at Wal-Mart are ok to maintain the professional application when you wash it, etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts