Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7000 miles and the driver cluster display no longer shows camera views when turn signals are engaged. BSV is on in system preferences. Turned off and on to reset. Same issue.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
7000 miles and the driver cluster display no longer shows camera views when turn signals are engaged. BSV is on in system preferences. Turned off and on to reset. Same issue.
Take it to the dealer. There was a software update recently for those experiencing issues with the blind spot system. Maybe that will help.

Do you get a warning or does it just continue to show the speedometer and tachometer?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had this same issue shortly after the software update. I was able to disable something via the onscreen menu in the setup and then enable it again. After that the blinker camera worked fine and has been working for days now. Sorry I forgot what the option was I disabled, but had something to do with the blind spot system. I think I tried to first just disable and re-enable the cameras and that did not work. Then I think I tried to to disable the entire blind spot system and re-enable it and that worked. Was in a hurry tinkering while the wife was getting groceries and not paying much attention to what I was doing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In addition to a software configuration issue, the camera system's primary COAX to the center head unit runs directly adjacent to the driver's side lower crash pad "shower duct", and my foot runs into this poorly designed chunk of garbage every time I get in the car. Eventually, it broke, and when it did it took this oddly-placed COAX cable with it, completely killing all of the camera functions in the car. The Palisade has some seriously asinine design problems in some of the strangest places. Then there's the fact that you can't use/activate the cameras while the car's in park, which is also incredibly stupid.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Then there's the fact that you can't use/activate the cameras while the car's in park, which is also incredibly stupid.
Why? Do you have a valid scenario where you need this function while in Park? Presumably, if you need the cameras, you're going to be driving, so you need to be in gear. I'm struggling to find a use for the cameras in Park.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take it to the dealer. There was a software update recently for those experiencing issues with the blind spot system. Maybe that will help.

Do you get a warning or does it just continue to show the speedometer and tachometer?
I have 600 miles on my car and it did this today - it is only showing the speedometer and tachometer. I called the dealer ship and they had no clue - said to bring it in and they would see if I need an appointment. Hope they can fix it!!

·
Banned
145 Posts
Just curious why would someone look at the cameras when turning? I would think that looking at the cameras would not give you a sense of the real road. How did you make turns before cameras were available?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just curious why would someone look at the cameras when turning? I would think that looking at the cameras would not give you a sense of the real road. How did you make turns before cameras were available?
I use them. When I initiate the process of making a turn or lane change, I simultaneously turn on my signal and physically turn to look over my shoulder. Then, when it’s clear, I begin my turn or lane change. During the turn, the cameras allow me to maintain a visual with the surrounding area and confirm if necessary that nothing has changed. Obviously, the vast majority of the time, my eyes are fixed on the road in front of me, but it’s reassuring that with a quick downward glance at the cluster I can confirm that my blind spot is just as clear as it was when I looked over my shoulder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts