Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife test drove the 2020 Palisade she really liked it but I’ve found that here in Houston most of the Palisades are a little above sticker. Does anybody have any advice on how to get that to sticker or below? Also is the 1.9% APR Hyundai is offering at 60 months a good deal? Thanks all.

·
Registered
945 Posts
My wife test drove the 2020 Palisade she really liked it but I’ve found that here in Houston most of the Palisades are a little above sticker. Does anybody have any advice on how to get that to sticker or below? Also is the 1.9% APR Hyundai is offering at 60 months a good deal? Thanks all.
Be willing to travel to a dealership that’s further and you probably won’t get the markup. Try to negotiate first though.

1.9% for 60m is good in my opinion. They don’t offer 0% because the car is in demand, so that’s the best you’re going to get. As to getting financing elsewhere, I don’t think any bank or credit union can come close to matching that rate, but you never know.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bought in ohio. Paid sticker. Got 500 bucks off for financing. They would not give us 1.9٪. Paid off the car.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Like others have said, expand your search radius and be willing to travel to get a good deal and just be patient. The wife and I had to travel about 3 hours to get ours @ $1000 off and we were able to be Out The Door at just a hair over MSRP with TTL. It took a good month or two reaching out to dealers and seeing what they would offer. We lucked out in the fact that one dealer we had talked with a few days ago, happened to get a shipment of them in and had one that wasn't accounted for in the exact spec(Limited AWD in Lagoon Silver) we wanted and his manager was willing to give us $1000 off which is all I was really wanting as I didn't want to pay MSRP and kind of feel like I was getting a deal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Like others have said, expand your search radius and be willing to travel to get a good deal and just be patient. The wife and I had to travel about 3 hours to get ours @ $1000 off and we were able to be Out The Door at just a hair over MSRP with TTL. It took a good month or two reaching out to dealers and seeing what they would offer. We lucked out in the fact that one dealer we had talked with a few days ago, happened to get a shipment of them in and had one that wasn't accounted for in the exact spec(Limited AWD in Lagoon Silver) we wanted and his manager was willing to give us $1000 off which is all I was really wanting as I didn't want to pay MSRP and kind of feel like I was getting a deal.
This isn't directed at you but just a general comment to OP...I didn't find it worth my time to travel and continuously search for a deal to only save $1,000. I gauged the local market, got what I believed was the best deal and got my car. Everyone has their own time/value so this is definitely not a blanket statement. In my case, there were no white/beige combos within 500 miles so it made by decision easier paying $1K over MSRP when the first white/beige hit my area. Another dealer across town was asking $9K over for their first shipments.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I agree, everyone's time and money is worth different to each individual and everyone should do what they feel is right for them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yesterday we bought a 2021 loaded SEL for about 4200 under sticker. We live in Orlando Fl. Very happy with the deal we got.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Seems like demand is still high. I was at the dealer a couple of days ago and I overheard a conversation with another customer where they were saying that Palisades are still flying off the lot, particularly if they have the captain chairs (7-seat configuration) and not the bench (8-seat).

·
Registered
171 Posts
One thing I always say to myself when deciding to pay more than what I want to for a car or any other major purchase. And that it this: will I really miss that $500 or $1000 in a year or two from now? The answer is usually n, so if you love the car my advice would be to pay sticker or even some above that for the car you want and then don't look back and be sorry you paid a bit higher than you wanted to. You will never miss that money but you'll love the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got nearly $3K off of the sticker price for our Black/Beige 2020 Limited with Captain's chairs without much of a fight. I did have one dealer in my area that offered sticker price as their deal and I told them of the price their competitor would do the deal at and they said you should take that deal. I grew up in the same town as the dealership GM so that may have helped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts