Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had the Truxxx 2" front & 2.25" rear lift (part#306016) installed a week & a half ago & 265/50R20 Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires installed two days ago. First impressions on the lift: The smooth ride is exactly the same as before. The driving experience just by adding 2" of height is amazing! I'm now seeing above the roof top of cars & it feels like an SUV instead of a crossover. My tow hitch doesn't scrape at the end of my driveway when fully loaded with passengers anymore. I did have a difficult time finding a shop in the Houston area to install the lift kit that had installed a kit on a palisade before. After contacting Truxxx they recommended a specific shop & I contacted that shop & was very happy with the results. That shop uses a front camber bolt kit to get the alignment perfect. As for the Falken tires, they're just as quiet on the road as the oem Hankooks if not quieter but look so much tougher. The 265/50R20 size does make them 2 sizes wider & almost an inch taller in diameter but I've had no issues with rubbing even at full turn. I can't wait to test them out at the beach and some light off-roading next summer. So far I highly recommend both the Truxxx lift as well as the Falkens. It makes the Palisade look so much better IMO.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I thought about that & started looking in to adjusting them but then I saw that my headlights seem to aim really close to where they used to be. Maybe because I went with the kit that raises the rear 1/4" higher but it actually lifted the rear about 1/2" higher than it used to be. Mine had a saggy rear for some reason before the lift.

· Registered
302 Posts
Had the Truxxx 2" front & 2.25" rear lift (part#306016) installed a week & a half ago & 265/50R20 Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires installed two days ago. First impressions on the lift: The smooth ride is exactly the same as before. The driving experience just by adding 2" of height is amazing! I'm now seeing above the roof top of cars & it feels like an SUV instead of a crossover. My tow hitch doesn't scrape at the end of my driveway when fully loaded with passengers anymore. I did have a difficult time finding a shop in the Houston area to install the lift kit that had installed a kit on a palisade before. After contacting Truxxx they recommended a specific shop & I contacted that shop & was very happy with the results. That shop uses a front camber bolt kit to get the alignment perfect. As for the Falken tires, they're just as quiet on the road as the oem Hankooks if not quieter but look so much tougher. The 265/50R20 size does make them 2 sizes wider & almost an inch taller in diameter but I've had no issues with rubbing even at full turn. I can't wait to test them out at the beach and some light off-roading next summer. So far I highly recommend both the Truxxx lift as well as the Falkens. It makes the Palisade look so much better IMO. View attachment 7863
View attachment 7861
View attachment 7862
Looks good! How does it feel on the freeway ramps? I did a little ”off roading” with my Palisade on some abandoned logging roads in northwestern Ontario last summer and was pleased with how it compared to usually driving pickups on those same roads. Definitely nothing crazy however I found it sure footed on some of the lake access points which are typically steep and have erosion from heavy rains.

· Registered
55 Posts
Nice job, looks sweet and tough.
I hit many pot holes driving on a dirt road to the cottage, and the 20inch OEM rim/ low profile tires let you know of that.
I now have 18inch winter rims with a 255 65 tire and it rides smoothly.
Your setup maybe a way to go...does it affect warranty?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good! How does it feel on the freeway ramps? I did a little ”off roading” with my Palisade on some abandoned logging roads in northwestern Ontario last summer and was pleased with how it compared to usually driving pickups on those same roads. Definitely nothing crazy however I found it sure footed on some of the lake access points which are typically steep and have erosion from heavy rains.
Thanks! I'm not sure what you mean by the freeway ramps. Everything feels exactly the same as it was before the lift & tires. The off-roading you did sounds like fun! I'm excited to see how she handles now.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nice job, looks sweet and tough.
I hit many pot holes driving on a dirt road to the cottage, and the 20inch OEM rim/ low profile tires let you know of that.
I now have 18inch winter rims with a 255 65 tire and it rides smoothly.
Your setup maybe a way to go...does it affect warranty?
Thanks! I almost went with a 255/55R20 but after countless searching online I decided on the 265/50. The 265/50R20 does bulge out past the rim quite a bit & the Falkens also have a rim protector edge so I'm not even worried about scratching a wheel on a pot hole or curb & it doesn't feel as harsh as it was before the thicker tires but I would imagine going with an 18" wheel & larger profile tire like you did would really soften things up & make the ride even smoother. As for the warranty, If an issue comes up with anything suspension related they might not cover it but it's gonna depend on the dealership. Truxxx says that they sell their lift kits to many dealerships & they warranty everything & some dealerships sell palisades with the lift kit already installed. I don't have that luck here in Houston. All the dealerships here wouldn't even install the kit. I did ask one if the service managers if the lift kit would void my warranty & he said it wouldn't but it would depend on what exactly happens to the vehicle so he really couldn't give me a yes or no answer. The kit doesn't change how the suspension works. It even has a shock extension piece so the self leveling rear shocks aren't affected at all & still work properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts