Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
374 Posts
I believe mine is defective, that 15 min I mentioned is, I am guessing infinite. I timed that interval but had to abort due to a lane change, subsequently I am sure I ran much longer than 15. Pretty sure I could turn on cruise in Edmonton, have a heart attack (and be dead) and have my car drive all the way to Calgary, faithfully following the car ahead.
Mine is like every minute. Huge hassle I'm probably going to order that wrap-around stick tonight since I'm taking the kid back to college soon.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Someguy,

Please tell your family not to complain to Hyundai when you die ina car accident. My 22 Palisade does a little self driving but like yours I get nagged about every minute if my hand is off the wheel. You are only asking for bad thinks to happen, when you try to outsmart the failsafe system put in place by Hyundai.
I mow the lawn in flip flops too. Thanks for your concern. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Some of these posts are gold.

I bet if they had online forums back in the 1970s,there'd be a big long thread on here after the Palisade transitioned to electric locks and windows.

"You won't catch me with electric windows and locks! What happens when you end up in the river? Your family is going to be crying because you couldn't roll the windows down and drown! You can thank me later for warning you."

Now can anybody tell me how to setup my 8 tracks with bluetooth?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a question!
If they come out with a consumer version of the self driving car , like the taxi's and shuttles we have here in Phoenix,az
If I buy one of those, Will I need a drivers license?
I can ride in the shuttle that doesn't have a driver, without a license
I suspect the next generation will not have a drivers license. Walmart is already testing a driverless truck on a 15 mile real-world route. It's just a matter of time.

By the by it's a big step up technologically from what we currently have to fully self-driving. I'd be happy if our system could read stop lights and speed limit signs like Tesla. As is, I should get a Comma2 and play with that.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just a note that my twisty stick came on Thursday evening and I did some in-town and interstate tests by attaching it both on the upper right side of the steering wheel and the lower right side.

Short answer is: It works. No more nag about hands on steering wheel. Anecdotally, it seemed to center a little better instead of hugging the left line so much, although it seemed to have a harder time with sharp curves.

US seller appears to be sold out.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Finished my trip yesterday taking the kid back to school. Probably 95% hands-free driving for about 350 miles round-trip. Not once did it ask me to put my hands back on the wheel.

By the by, if you've got a kid going to college, invest in an aluminum foldable push cart. That thing works really slick for hauling crap into their dorm room.

Car Vehicle Plant White Motor vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts