Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the hands free thing is dangerous as heck and that in my case the sensitivity to monitor my engagement is "way" off. However, if it is on mine.. it is likely on many. And there will be many that take advantage of this and will read a book, take a nap, apply makeup/shave etc. All these "features" take us away from the responsibility of "driving".. and that is not good.
I live in NY State. Drove up to Quebec a few weeks back. I noticed that my Palisade did not require steering wheel input as often(like 1-2 min in the US) when driving on Canadian highways. When driving in the passing lane, as vehicles approached on the right (as I was passing), the car didn't ask me to hold the wheels. It just kept cruising. I didn't time it exactly, but I was on it for longer than 15 minutes. Then, I switched to the cruising lane, and when a car approaches from rear left (to pass), it asked to hold the wheel.

To whom it may concern: Just because my hands were off the wheel doesn't mean I am not paying attention to the road. Hyundai doesn't track our eyes like GM Supercruises do, but I want to believe many sensible Palisade owners are just unwinding a bit on long trips.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts