Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
393 Posts
My 2022 does not need hand contact for at least 15 minutes, and is quite happy staying in its lane while on cruise. I would probable not trust is driving in the mountains but on relatively straight roads it does a pretty good job.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine lets off about every 3 minutes... wish mine went 15 minutes!

As far as cost, any type of weight would work but it needs to be easy on and off and cosmetically pleasing.

-=Fred=-
I believe mine is defective, that 15 min I mentioned is, I am guessing infinite. I timed that interval but had to abort due to a lane change, subsequently I am sure I ran much longer than 15. Pretty sure I could turn on cruise in Edmonton, have a heart attack (and be dead) and have my car drive all the way to Calgary, faithfully following the car ahead.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Someguy,

Please tell your family not to complain to Hyundai when you die in a car accident. My 22 Palisade does a little self driving but like yours I get nagged about every minute if my hand is off the wheel. You are only asking for bad things to happen, when you try to outsmart the failsafe system put in place by Hyundai.
I think the hands free thing is dangerous as heck and that in my case the sensitivity to monitor my engagement is "way" off. However if it is on mine.. it is likely on many. And there will be many that take advantage of this and will read a book, take a nap, apply makeup/shave etc. All these "features" take us away from the responsibility of "driving".. and that is not good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts