Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had transmission issues? I bought a brand new 2021 Palisade (Limited FWD) in February, I LOVE THIS CAR! No complaints until Friday, April 30th. I was at a light when my light turned green I accelerated to go and make a left a turn but the car jolted so hard that I thought the car behind me had hit me. My car stopped accelerating and I coasted to the side of the road. I noticed it was jolting when I was changing from drive to park or park to reverse. Since it's a new car with technology, I assumed a light would come on and tell me what was wrong. Nothing happened. I turned it on then off and then put in drive mode again and tried to accelerate and it did for a bit then stopped... rpms go up by no movement with my car. I had to towed back to the dealership on Saturday, May 1st. I just got a call this morning (as I was writing this) and the issue they said is with the transmission assembly. They tried to do a reset and adapter relearn process that eased it up a little bit but they still felt jolting. They are ordering a new part for the transmission assembly and once the new transmission comes in they are going to do a removal and replacement of the transmission and do a transmission fluid flush. They are also going to do a coding relearn process and reset of the transmission computer, they said it should be all good after that.
I really hope so, because this car has been AMAZING! I have no complaints... well, I do wish it had android auto and that my driver side window wouldn't whistle at certain speeds.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
420 Posts
Has anyone else had transmission issues? I bought a brand new 2021 Palisade (Limited FWD) in February, I LOVE THIS CAR! No complaints until Friday, April 30th. I was at a light when my light turned green I accelerated to go and make a left a turn but the car jolted so hard that I thought the car behind me had hit me. My car stopped accelerating and I coasted to the side of the road. I noticed it was jolting when I was changing from drive to park or park to reverse. Since it's a new car with technology, I assumed a light would come on and tell me what was wrong. Nothing happened. I turned it on then off and then put in drive mode again and tried to accelerate and it did for a bit then stopped... rpms go up by no movement with my car. I had to towed back to the dealership on Saturday, May 1st. I just got a call this morning (as I was writing this) and the issue they said is with the transmission assembly. They tried to do a reset and adapter relearn process that eased it up a little bit but they still felt jolting. They are ordering a new part for the transmission assembly and once the new transmission comes in they are going to do a removal and replacement of the transmission and do a transmission fluid flush. They are also going to do a coding relearn process and reset of the transmission computer, they said it should be all good after that.
I really hope so, because this car has been AMAZING! I have no complaints... well, I do wish it had android auto and that my driver side window wouldn't whistle at certain speeds.
Sorry to hear and hope it gets fixed!

Regarding Android Auto, it does have that. However, the Limited must use a USB cord, it's not wireless AA if that's what you meant. But yes it does have both AA and Car Play.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am at 4000 miles and the transmission has failed. It went from driving fine to jerking while moving up to each gear during acceleration and seconds later went to the RPM's bursting up while not accelerating nor going forward but slowing down because the car would not go up in gear ....until finally on the highway going 50 mph the transmission just went out and could not go into gear at all. This all happened within about 10 minutes. No weird smells or obvious symptoms of transmission issues that you would normally see. Just boom its out. 32 business days later and I am still without my Palisade as the transmission is on backorder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am at 4000 miles and the transmission has failed. It went from driving fine to jerking while moving up to each gear during acceleration and seconds later went to the RPM's bursting up while not accelerating nor going forward but slowing down because the car would not go up in gear ....until finally on the highway going 50 mph the transmission just went out and could not go into gear at all. This all happened within about 10 minutes. No weird smells or obvious symptoms of transmission issues that you would normally see. Just boom its out. 32 business days later and I am still without my Palisade as the transmission is on backorder.
Ouch! Are they at least giving you a loaner car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ouch! Are they at least giving you a loaner car?
Not until last week. I finally picked up a loaner palisade and now it’s a waiting game. They have missed 4 different dates they were supposed to receive the transmission. This Monday was the last eta now they say check back Friday to see if they have any more updates on if a transmission is in fact on its way and when it may arrive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts