Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I can not find information anywhere about which transmission fluid type to use. Autozone said to use generic ATF fluid, but I want to make sure that is compatible with the car.
The reason why I need fluid is due to a radiator change after a slight accident, and a good amount leaked out before I could plug the lines.

I appreciate your help!

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
348 Posts
Manual says:

Automatic transmission fluid 7.4 US qt. (7.0 l) MICHANG ATF SP-IV, SK ATF SP-IV, NOCA ATF SP-IV, HYUNDAI genuine ATF SP-IV or other brands meeting the above specification approved by HYUNDAI Motor Co

Looks like Valvoline Multi-Vehicle (ATF) Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid, Red, is a compliant transmission fluid.

·
Administrator
2,478 Posts
easier to just go to the dealership and have them fill it.
Much easier to fill right when Palisade is on a lift and you can get to the fill plug.
It doesn't have a regular fill tube under the hood

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
339 Posts
Evidently having the right amount is critical. Guessing it will take a professional to do it right.. and mixing fluids is generally not a good idea. This is something I would trust the dealer on.. with fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Sel Premium
85 Posts
Evidently having the right amount is critical. Guessing it will take a professional to do it right.. and mixing fluids is generally not a good idea. This is something I would trust the dealer on.. with fingers crossed.
There is actually a cover/plug you remove to check the fill level. It will come out of that opening when full. As long as it compatible/meets requirements with oem fluid you will be fine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anyone try the Valvoline Multi-Vehicle (ATF) Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid yet in their Palisade?
Valvoline’s site product finder lists it as recommended ATF for a 2021 AWD Palisade. This
guy on YouTube gives a good DIY video on how to drain almost a gallon and refill. He’s using full synthetic Amsoil though. Much more expensive option than Valvoline …:oops: .... Was wondering if a gallon of ATF drain and refill just to check out the color of the fluid would be worth it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Crickets......C'Mon.......No Takers? Nobody interested enough to seem how many metal filings are on stuck to that magnetic plug? Nobody willing to try out a gallon of Maxlife ATF in their Palisade?

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
604 Posts
First off, I wouldn't drain and change if it wasn't required. Second, I sure as hell wouldn't put Valvoline in it, the other guy using Amsoil would be my choice as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
First off, I wouldn't drain and change if it wasn't required. Second, I sure as hell wouldn't put Valvoline in it, the other guy using Amsoil would be my choice as well.
Fair Enough. I do a fair amount of bass boat towing in the Summer, but don't rack up a lot of miles on the road, so I am sure the fluid is going from red to black well before 60K Miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts