Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently traded 2022 Palisade(purchased August 2021). Amazing what dealers still willing to give for trades to make a sale , especially on the last day of a month. Nearly received what I originally paid for it(less $500). So, don't settle for a low baller (they're still out there) because he has "that one vehicle you want!"- shop around. Consider this a PSA.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mind sharing the showroom details? how much extra you paid for the new vehicle (tax+ reg + any markups)?
Paid NO extra, I had put feelers out to several dealers for a specific vehicle (no not a CaLligRaPhY$ which many get hyped about) , received a call on the 31st of August - dealer had one come in on order that buyer couldn't secure financing- last day of month numbers panic for them, got what I wanted for trade, left with a new ......Santa Cruz Limited.
Nope, didn't get another Palisade , sorry to disappoint.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Paid NO extra, I had put feelers out to several dealers for a specific vehicle (no not a CaLligRaPhY$ which many get hyped about) , received a call on the 31st of August - dealer had one come in on order that buyer couldn't secure financing- last day of month numbers panic for them, got what I wanted for trade, left with a new ......Santa Cruz Limited.
got it.. thanks much for the quick response! thought you got 2023 pali after trade in :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let us know how you like the santa cruz compared to the Palisade.
How does it ride, and any noise?
I joined this forum as I look and see what issues etc.. people are having with their Palisade. Actually, my wife has the Palisade which she really likes. I drive it on occasion and of course I am the one that cleans it and keeps it maintained.

I myself have a Santa Cruz Limited. I am really impressed by this little truck. One of the reasons I purchased it was to haul the Sea-Doo and the ski-doos which we are waiting for. I did want to tow using the Palisade. I know you can add a trailer hitch on an SUV but it may bring your value down somewhat when trading. Maybe not with the current Supply Chain issues but it may and usually does affect it. The Turbo engine has a lot of pep and I don't mind the Dual Clutch as I was driving a "20 Kona Trend AWD 1.6 Turbo before trading it in for the SC. And if you know how to drive a stick then it's not an issue. Good absorption from the suspension from pot holes and such. Lots of tech and room in the front. The bed is big enough for what I need it for. You can put a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood as the tailgate has a setting which you can adjust one notch up. All in all, very satisfied. I have been driving Hyundai vehicles since 1994 and was also a sales rep.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow! So you got back $500 less than purchase price in trade, but paid sticker for new? That’s awesome! Assuming you didn’t have a lower trim Pali, you must have gotten some cash back from the dealer, eh? (Or at least extra credit on any loan principal…)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Let us know how you like the santa cruz compared to the Palisade.
How does it ride, and any noise?
I have a Limited which comes with the 2.5 Turbo , very peppy - though hp less than Palisade (by 10 hp , 281 SC ,291 Palisade) being a lighter vehicle helps off the line. Wheel base is longer and rides very well. If referring to "noise" as in wind noise(a common complaint with Palisade) barely discernible. I liked the Palisade, but actually needed something more "truck like" - plus, I thought I'd learn to love the push button shifting but...naw, I like to grab a stick and just throw it without having to look to make sure, and know that it's either in forward or reverse .
The bed is nice, 4x8s not a problem , and the integrated tonneau cover a plus. Has same self leveling rear as Palisade and tow rated at 5000lbs. For me , what the doctor ordered.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow! So you got back $500 less than purchase price in trade, but paid sticker for new? That’s awesome! Assuming you didn’t have a lower trim Pali, you must have gotten some cash back from the dealer, eh? (Or at least extra credit on any loan principal…)
I had an SEL w/packages, cost more than the Santa Cruz , and had equity at trade. It was one of those "right place at the right time" moments in life... a rarity for me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts