Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Team,
I was just reading a cool article: Who Is Collecting Data from Your Car? – The Markup.
I notice that my Bluelink Driving Score goes down 10 points or so when I use my paddle shifters on the HTRAC enabled 2021 Limited edition Palisade. Never been in an accident, and no sudden braking or any silliness.
Do I want this information shared out to insurance companies? Are they keeping this data to use when I request a new quote? Use this to increase my rates? Who knows?

So, I went to Welcome to MyHyundai | MyHyundai, and turned off " Data Sharing" for my Palisade driving profile.
I guess that three "free" years of Bluelink means that they can openly track and store your Palisade driving history, car interior temperature, sensor information, braking, accelleration, geo location, what songs you listen to on Sirius XM, turn signal usage. etc...
No Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
393 Posts
Hello Team,
I was just reading a cool article: Who Is Collecting Data from Your Car? – The Markup.
I notice that my Bluelink Driving Score goes down 10 points or so when I use my paddle shifters on the HTRAC enabled 2021 Limited edition Palisade. Never been in an accident, and no sudden braking or any silliness.
Do I want this information shared out to insurance companies? Are they keeping this data to use when I request a new quote? Use this to increase my rates? Who knows?

So, I went to Welcome to MyHyundai | MyHyundai, and turned off " Data Sharing" for my Palisade driving profile.
I guess that three "free" years of Bluelink means that they can openly track and store your Palisade driving history, car interior temperature, sensor information, braking, accelleration, geo location, what songs you listen to on Sirius XM, turn signal usage. etc...
No Thanks!
But.. how sure are you that clicking on the button that... turned off " Data Sharing"... really works?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts