Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
166 Posts
Maybe demand is starting to level out... Looks like we are seeing more at sticker price. That is a good sign.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just placed my order for 2022 AWD Limited on 12/15/2021. What’s an expectation for when it will arrive at the dealer? Also how long before I can get VIN and window sticker?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just placed my order for 2022 AWD Limited on 12/15/2021. What’s an expectation for when it will arrive at the dealer? Also how long before I can get VIN and window sticker?
Hi LBM1123,

For me, I placed my order earlier this month. When my order was placed, they told me that it will come on 12/28. That date changed to 01/08, then it was changed again to 12/30. All of this was on the official website Hyundai Cars, Sedans, SUVs, Compacts, and Luxury | Hyundai. It also took a while for the window sticker to show up. Like 2 weeks closer to the date. I checked multiple times with the dealership and they confirmed that these dates were correct. They even questioned how did I know the dates so well and I told them about that website. It appears to be spot on because I watched other vehicles on this website and it did come to the dealership on the date they stated. You do have to give or take a day with the date. I'm currently still waiting for mine and hope it will come this week. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just confirming the date appeared to be spot on. Got a call from the dealership today and we are picking it up tomorrow. I think that website might be the best thing to use when determining your date. I really needed to know my date because I was using my own loan through a credit union so getting the loan early hurts me and obviously getting too late will not allow me to get the car on time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just confirming the date appeared to be spot on. Got a call from the dealership today and we are picking it up tomorrow. I think that website might be the best thing to use when determining your date. I really needed to know my date because I was using my own loan through a credit union so getting the loan early hurts me and obviously getting too late will not allow me to get the car on time.
Thanks so much for this reply! I’m afraid though since I ordered AWD and tow hitch it’ll be an order they aren’t generically receiving? And I had color request. Did this apply to any of you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks so much for this reply! I’m afraid though since I ordered AWD and tow hitch it’ll be an order they aren’t generically receiving? And I had color request. Did this apply to any of you?
The wife determined that she wanted only one color, Moonlight Cloud with AWD, with black interior. She was not compromising with the beige interior, and she would not take FWD, nor any other exterior color. This made the job extremely difficult for me so yes that probably applies to me in every way lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The wife determined that she wanted only one color, Moonlight Cloud with AWD, with black interior. She was not compromising with the beige interior, and she would not take FWD, nor any other exterior color. This made the job extremely difficult for me so yes that probably applies to me in every way lol.
Bahahaha ok yes perfect! Well that’s amazing news for me! I figure it’ll be 3+ months but so hoping we get lucky like y’all! First baby due in May! Exciting to upgrade to SUV hopefully before baby gets here

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi LBM1123,

For me, I placed my order earlier this month. When my order was placed, they told me that it will come on 12/28. That date changed to 01/08, then it was changed again to 12/30. All of this was on the official website Hyundai Cars, Sedans, SUVs, Compacts, and Luxury | Hyundai. It also took a while for the window sticker to show up. Like 2 weeks closer to the date. I checked multiple times with the dealership and they confirmed that these dates were correct. They even questioned how did I know the dates so well and I told them about that website. It appears to be spot on because I watched other vehicles on this website and it did come to the dealership on the date they stated. You do have to give or take a day with the date. I'm currently still waiting for mine and hope it will come this week. Hope this helps.
Quick question? Are you up state? I’m in the South. Seems like we don’t get many AWD here in TN

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got my window sticker yesterday. My Palisades code indicates it was expected in port December 30th. The date on Hyundai USA website though was just pushed back for January 28 to January 30th. Is that normal for it to be in port that long if it arrived then? My ship code is RCC and port is PT. I was assuming the ship is RCC tianjin as it arrived yesterday in port. But maybe it wasn’t on that ship?

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
That is not at all unusual for the port to take that long or longer.
Palisade will be serviced and checked out before leaving port
and a short test drive done. Those miles will not be on the odometer
as the vehicle is sent in a shipping mode.
Then it will depend on what the trucking situation is from that port

·
Registered
3 Posts
People on here will tell you, you can't track your ordered Palisade.
As soon as you can get the dealership to furnish you a VIN# and
get a copy of your window sticker. you can see where it is at.
Yes the window sticker is printed about 3 days after the Palisade is completed in Korea.
Mine says sold to my dealership and I was able to see when the ship would arrive in port
here in the USA.
It also shows that Palisade was sold to my / or your dealership from Korea manufacture not by the port
of entry as some will try and tell you.
See below and you can follow yours as soon as you get your VIN# and window sticker from dealer

the lower right corner of Window Sticker... The information above the Bar Code is the relevant information....
see attachment at bottom. You may have to right click on the attachment the open in new tab, depends on your computer.

The 1st 3 digits (i.e. 199) is the VIN Release date (or Window Sticker Release date) in the day of the year... i.e. 199 = July 18th (this year).
The 'A', not sure what it means...
The Next 3 digits are the Port expected delivery date (i.e. 210 = July 29th,)
The Next digit is the Model Year... This one is a 2020 Palisade (i.e. '0'... the 2019 have a '9', 2018 have an '8')
The 'Q', not sure, but it's consistent from model years, i.e. same for 2018's, 19's and 2020 models....
The remaining letters are the Ship Name abbreviation it's on for delivery... This one was probably the 'Don Quijote.
Mine showed KHOEGH.

Hopefully this helps people obsessive like myself in tracking when vehicles are delivered to the Ports.

Using free maritime ship tracking sites like... Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic - VesselFinder
can help to track the vehicle (by VIN) and see where the ship is located. Use the PORT name at the upper left side of the window sticker to locate the receiving port.
HU- Hueneme, CALIF.

Also, "In Transit" (when looking for vehicles on Hyundai's site) I know means on a ship.. The vehicle disappears when inventoried at the Port at delivery... Not sure if it shows back to "In Transit" when leaving Port to go to Dealership, but can let you know when I finally get my Palisade. The VIN's show up on the Hyundai Site, so if you cut and paste the "In Transit" vehicle's VIN into any Hyundai dealer's "Show Window Sticker" on an instock vehicle (change the VIN in the site box at top of browser), it will show you the "In Transit" vehicle's window sticker.

Attached
window sticker info.gif
HOW DO YOU FIGURE THIS OUT???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes the window sticker is printed about 3 days after the Palisade is completed in Korea.
Mine says sold to my dealership and I was able to see when the ship would arrive in port
here in the USA.
It also shows that Palisade was sold to my / or your dealership from Korea manufacture not by the port
See below and you can follow yours as soon as you get your VIN# and window sticker from dealer

the lower right corner of Window Sticker... The information above the Bar Code is the relevant information....
see attachment at bottom. You may have to right click on the attachment the open in new tab, depends on your computer.

The 1st 3 digits (i.e. 199) is the VIN Release date (or Window Sticker Release date) in the day of the year... i.e. 199 = July 18th (this year).
The Next digit is the Model Year... This one is a 2020 Palisade (i.e. '0'... the 2019 have a '9', 2018 have an '8')
The 'Q', not sure, but it's consistent from model years, i.e. same for 2018's, 19's and 2020 models....
The remaining letters are the Ship Name abbreviation it's on for delivery... This one was probably the 'Don Quijote.
Mine showed KHOEGH.

Hopefully this helps people obsessive like myself in tracking when vehicles are delivered to the Ports.

Using free maritime ship tracking sites like... Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic - VesselFinder
can help to track the vehicle (by VIN) and see where the ship is located. Use the PORT name at the upper left side of the window sticker to locate the receiving port.
HU- Hueneme, CALIF.

Also, "In Transit" (when looking for vehicles on Hyundai's site) I know means on a ship.. The vehicle disappears when inventoried at the Port at delivery... Not sure if it shows back to "In Transit" when leaving Port to go to Dealership, but can let you know when I finally get my Palisade. The VIN's show up on the Hyundai Site, so if you cut and paste the "In Transit" vehicle's VIN into any Hyundai dealer's "Show Window Sticker" on an instock vehicle (change the VIN in the site box at top of browser), it will show you the "In Transit" vehicle's window sticker.

Attached
window sticker info.gif
what is VK.ASI LOL how do i look up ship names

·
Registered
3 Posts
here in the USA.

Mine showed KHOEGH.

HU- Hueneme, CALIF.

Attached
window sticker info.gif
mines port NC, whats that? i figured out the other stuff, but im assuming its north carolina? idk, im getting an elantra N, december 8th release sticker date and port expected delivery was december 16th, im being patient as heck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for this thread! I was able to track my palisade until the port entry in November. Then I was tracking the 'Dealer notes' section in the dealer's website (for my vehicle) and it initially showed arrival date as 1/7. Then it was advanced to 12/31/2021. It was there in their website until yesterday and the salesperson had told me that it should be here anytime. Today, the vehicle in not listed on the dealer website. Does that mean it is undergoing a PDI? Has anyone had this experience? I am just getting bit more excited :), not sure if it worth it.. ha ha..

81 - 100 of 131 Posts