Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Can't guarantee anything and if it is on the truck to dealer I will not be able to even hope. If it is in the port yet, might be able to get it for you.
Do not put your Vin# on here.
If you private message me with the Vin#, will try to find the window sticker for you.
Most dealers can get the window sticker before I do.
also give me the dealership name.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can't guarantee anything and if it is on the truck to dealer I will not be able to even hope. If it is in the port yet, might be able to get it for you.
If you private message me with the Vin#, will try to find the window sticker for you.
Hi Gene, I sent you a personal message with the VIN.
Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Gene, what does this mean for tracking? 264 A 2702VEMERA. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
15 Posts
People on here will tell you, you can't track your ordered Palisade.
As soon as you can get the dealership to furnish you a VIN# and
get a copy of your window sticker. you can see where it is at.
Yes the window sticker is printed about 3 days after the Palisade is completed in Korea.
Mine says sold to my dealership and I was able to see when the ship would arrive in port
here in the USA.
It also shows that Palisade was sold to my / or your dealership from Korea manufacture not by the port
of entry as some will try and tell you.
See below and you can follow yours as soon as you get your VIN# and window sticker from dealer

the lower right corner of Window Sticker... The information above the Bar Code is the relevant information....
see attachment at bottom. You may have to right click on the attachment the open in new tab, depends on your computer.

The 1st 3 digits (i.e. 199) is the VIN Release date (or Window Sticker Release date) in the day of the year... i.e. 199 = July 18th (this year).
The 'A', not sure what it means...
The Next 3 digits are the Port expected delivery date (i.e. 210 = July 29th,)
The Next digit is the Model Year... This one is a 2020 Palisade (i.e. '0'... the 2019 have a '9', 2018 have an '8')
The 'Q', not sure, but it's consistent from model years, i.e. same for 2018's, 19's and 2020 models....
The remaining letters are the Ship Name abbreviation it's on for delivery... This one was probably the 'Don Quijote.
Mine showed KHOEGH.

Hopefully this helps people obsessive like myself in tracking when vehicles are delivered to the Ports.

Using free maritime ship tracking sites like... Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic - VesselFinder
can help to track the vehicle (by VIN) and see where the ship is located. Use the PORT name at the upper left side of the window sticker to locate the receiving port.
HU- Hueneme, CALIF.

Also, "In Transit" (when looking for vehicles on Hyundai's site) I know means on a ship.. The vehicle disappears when inventoried at the Port at delivery... Not sure if it shows back to "In Transit" when leaving Port to go to Dealership, but can let you know when I finally get my Palisade. The VIN's show up on the Hyundai Site, so if you cut and paste the "In Transit" vehicle's VIN into any Hyundai dealer's "Show Window Sticker" on an instock vehicle (change the VIN in the site box at top of browser), it will show you the "In Transit" vehicle's window sticker.

Attached
window sticker info.gif
I finally got the barcode from window sticker. Expected port of delivery date is today 11/3 but I'm unable to track the vessel using last 5 digits which are "MORNI". How long does it take for a car to reach Pennsylvania after reaching port? I have no idea which port its going to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I finally got the barcode from window sticker. Expected port of delivery date is today 11/3 but I'm unable to track the vessel using last 5 digits which are "MORNI". How long does it take for a car to reach Pennsylvania after reaching port? I have no idea which port its going to.
My window sticker shows the same info. The port on mine (upper left corner) says PH which is Philly. I’m also unable to track the boat. I assumed it was MORNINGSTAR but I’m not sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My window sticker shows the same info. The port on mine (upper left corner) says PH which is Philly. I’m also unable to track the boat. I assumed it was MORNINGSTAR but I’m not sure.
Actually I was able to locate it. It is "MORNING CELESTA" which was in Philly earlier this morning. Few days closer to getting the call

·
Registered
2 Posts
People on here will tell you, you can't track your ordered Palisade.
As soon as you can get the dealership to furnish you a VIN# and
get a copy of your window sticker. you can see where it is at.
Yes the window sticker is printed about 3 days after the Palisade is completed in Korea.
Mine says sold to my dealership and I was able to see when the ship would arrive in port
here in the USA.
It also shows that Palisade was sold to my / or your dealership from Korea manufacture not by the port
of entry as some will try and tell you.
See below and you can follow yours as soon as you get your VIN# and window sticker from dealer

the lower right corner of Window Sticker... The information above the Bar Code is the relevant information....
see attachment at bottom. You may have to right click on the attachment the open in new tab, depends on your computer.

The 1st 3 digits (i.e. 199) is the VIN Release date (or Window Sticker Release date) in the day of the year... i.e. 199 = July 18th (this year).
The 'A', not sure what it means...
The Next 3 digits are the Port expected delivery date (i.e. 210 = July 29th,)
The Next digit is the Model Year... This one is a 2020 Palisade (i.e. '0'... the 2019 have a '9', 2018 have an '8')
The 'Q', not sure, but it's consistent from model years, i.e. same for 2018's, 19's and 2020 models....
The remaining letters are the Ship Name abbreviation it's on for delivery... This one was probably the 'Don Quijote.
Mine showed KHOEGH.

Hopefully this helps people obsessive like myself in tracking when vehicles are delivered to the Ports.

Using free maritime ship tracking sites like... Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic - VesselFinder
can help to track the vehicle (by VIN) and see where the ship is located. Use the PORT name at the upper left side of the window sticker to locate the receiving port.
HU- Hueneme, CALIF.

Also, "In Transit" (when looking for vehicles on Hyundai's site) I know means on a ship.. The vehicle disappears when inventoried at the Port at delivery... Not sure if it shows back to "In Transit" when leaving Port to go to Dealership, but can let you know when I finally get my Palisade. The VIN's show up on the Hyundai Site, so if you cut and paste the "In Transit" vehicle's VIN into any Hyundai dealer's "Show Window Sticker" on an instock vehicle (change the VIN in the site box at top of browser), it will show you the "In Transit" vehicle's window sticker.

Attached
window sticker info.gif
Great post! What’s maybe strange with my barcode information is that the VIN release date appears to be after the port (NC) delivery date:

294 S 2822VRCC

Those dates are a few weeks ago and the vehicle still shows as In Transit on the website, so I’m wondering if it’s delayed (if it’s still on the ship as indicated by In Transit status). Also can’t figure out the ship name, there are several that come up under VRCC.

·
Super Moderator
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Great post! What’s maybe strange with my barcode information is that the VIN release date appears to be after the port (NC) delivery date:

294 S 2822VRCC

Those dates are a few weeks ago and the vehicle still shows as In Transit on the website, so I’m wondering if it’s delayed (if it’s still on the ship as indicated by In Transit status). Also can’t figure out the ship name, there are several that come up under VRCC.
I believe dates were changed around starting 2021

·
Registered
10 Posts
my VIN was also in the same MORNI vessel with 307 as port date which is Nov 3rd. Dealer is saying Nov 22nd for delivery. Dealer is roughly 70 miles away from Philly port, can't believe it takes that much time from port to dealership.

·
Super Moderator
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
When the Palisade gets to port, it is checked over with a list of things.
Any add-ons not installed are included
The car is driven a short distance The speedometer is then taken out of the
shipment and checking mode. then moved to the shipment area
waits there till the delivery truck picks it up.
When the dealer gets the Palisade they have things to do also
remove any protective tapes on chrome and usually hood.
Make sure dealer has topped the fluid's, especially the oil
Usually the vehicle is shipped at sea with a quart low on oil
Make sure they adjust the tire pressure as that is 40 some lbs
during the shipping and transport.
Don't get excited if you just pull the dip stick and it reads low.
The palisade is designed to be warmed up ,shut down, then check
the oil. crazy but it tells you about that in the manual

·
Registered
15 Posts
my VIN was also in the same MORNI vessel with 307 as port date which is Nov 3rd. Dealer is saying Nov 22nd for delivery. Dealer is roughly 70 miles away from Philly port, can't believe it takes that much time from port to dealership.
That sucks. My dealership is a little more than 100 miles away. Given that your dealer gave you a date, I’m not hopeful that I will get it before you do. I’m going on a 5 hour trip to upstate NY next week, was really hoping to put some miles on the new car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When the Palisade gets to port, it is checked over with a list of things.
Any add-ons not installed are included
The car is driven a short distance The speedometer is then taken out of the
shipment and checking mode. then moved to the shipment area
waits there till the delivery truck picks it up.
When the dealer gets the Palisade they have things to do also
remove any protective tapes on chrome and usually hood.
Make sure dealer has topped the fluid's, especially the oil
Usually the vehicle is shipped at sea with a quart low on oil
Make sure they adjust the tire pressure as that is 40 some lbs
during the shipping and transport.
Don't get excited if you just pull the dip stick and it reads low.
The palisade is designed to be warmed up ,shut down, then check
the oil. crazy but it tells you about that in the manual
This makes more sense. I never factored in installation and other stuff that happens. I was like “why can’t you take car out of ship, load it on a truck and say bye bye” but apparently that’s not how things work in real world. Thanks for this info

21 - 40 of 59 Posts