Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
People on here will tell you, you can't track your ordered Palisade.
As soon as you can get the dealership to furnish you a VIN# and
get a copy of your window sticker. you can see where it is at.
Yes the window sticker is printed about 3 days after the Palisade is completed in Korea.
Mine says sold to my dealership and I was able to see when the ship would arrive in port
here in the USA.
It also shows that Palisade was sold to my / or your dealership from Korea manufacture not by the port
of entry as some will try and tell you.
See below and you can follow yours as soon as you get your VIN# and window sticker from dealer

the lower right corner of Window Sticker... The information above the Bar Code is the relevant information....
see attachment at bottom. You may have to right click on the attachment the open in new tab, depends on your computer.

The 1st 3 digits (i.e. 199) is the VIN Release date (or Window Sticker Release date) in the day of the year... i.e. 199 = July 18th (this year).
The 'A', not sure what it means...
The Next 3 digits are the Port expected delivery date (i.e. 210 = July 29th,)
The Next digit is the Model Year... This one is a 2020 Palisade (i.e. '0'... the 2019 have a '9', 2018 have an '8')
The 'Q', not sure, but it's consistent from model years, i.e. same for 2018's, 19's and 2020 models....
The remaining letters are the Ship Name abbreviation it's on for delivery... This one was probably the 'Don Quijote.
Mine showed KHOEGH.

Hopefully this helps people obsessive like myself in tracking when vehicles are delivered to the Ports.

Using free maritime ship tracking sites like... Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic - VesselFinder
can help to track the vehicle (by VIN) and see where the ship is located. Use the PORT name at the upper left side of the window sticker to locate the receiving port.
HU- Hueneme, CALIF.

Also, "In Transit" (when looking for vehicles on Hyundai's site) I know means on a ship.. The vehicle disappears when inventoried at the Port at delivery... Not sure if it shows back to "In Transit" when leaving Port to go to Dealership, but can let you know when I finally get my Palisade. The VIN's show up on the Hyundai Site, so if you cut and paste the "In Transit" vehicle's VIN into any Hyundai dealer's "Show Window Sticker" on an instock vehicle (change the VIN in the site box at top of browser), it will show you the "In Transit" vehicle's window sticker.

Attached
window sticker info.gif

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
191 Posts
Yes the window sticker is printed about 3 days after the Palisade is completed in Korea.
Mine says sold to my dealership and I was able to see when the ship would arrive in port
here in the USA.
It also shows that Palisade was sold to my / or your dealership from Korea manufacture not by the port
See below and you can follow yours as soon as you get your VIN# and window sticker from dealer

the lower right corner of Window Sticker... The information above the Bar Code is the relevant information....
see attachment at bottom. You may have to right click on the attachment the open in new tab, depends on your computer.

The 1st 3 digits (i.e. 199) is the VIN Release date (or Window Sticker Release date) in the day of the year... i.e. 199 = July 18th (this year).
The Next digit is the Model Year... This one is a 2020 Palisade (i.e. '0'... the 2019 have a '9', 2018 have an '8')
The 'Q', not sure, but it's consistent from model years, i.e. same for 2018's, 19's and 2020 models....
The remaining letters are the Ship Name abbreviation it's on for delivery... This one was probably the 'Don Quijote.
Mine showed KHOEGH.

Hopefully this helps people obsessive like myself in tracking when vehicles are delivered to the Ports.

Using free maritime ship tracking sites like... Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic - VesselFinder
can help to track the vehicle (by VIN) and see where the ship is located. Use the PORT name at the upper left side of the window sticker to locate the receiving port.
HU- Hueneme, CALIF.

Also, "In Transit" (when looking for vehicles on Hyundai's site) I know means on a ship.. The vehicle disappears when inventoried at the Port at delivery... Not sure if it shows back to "In Transit" when leaving Port to go to Dealership, but can let you know when I finally get my Palisade. The VIN's show up on the Hyundai Site, so if you cut and paste the "In Transit" vehicle's VIN into any Hyundai dealer's "Show Window Sticker" on an instock vehicle (change the VIN in the site box at top of browser), it will show you the "In Transit" vehicle's window sticker.

Attached
window sticker info.gif
I’ve got my VIN and I know it arrived in port in Oregon. What should I do as a next step? Don’t have or know how to get the Window Sticker.

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
273 Posts
My 21 Calligraphy has a build date of Feb 21. It arrived at a U.S. port In Alabama on 20 March and it was delivered on the Morning Star. Originally arrived at a dealership in Huntsville , Alabama on 3 April and traded to my dealership on 14 April. I purchased on 23 April.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
243 Posts
My numbers are: 95A0991VGLOVI. So no 3-digits initially, but the first zero was probably just omitted. At any rate, those dates are April 05, 2021, and April 09, 2021. There's no freaking way it took 4 days for the car to cross the ocean, so something doesn't add up there... but I guess it got into the US port on April 09. Now the question is what does the April 05 date mean. Anybody? :) I know the car got to the dealer on April 29th, and I bought it out of town on April 30th. But the vehicle was stuck for over a week near Santa Rosa, NM, due to rail delays. Also curious which port it arrived; googled 'VGLOVI', and zero hits. So maybe the 'A' is the port; who knows.

·
Super Moderator
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My numbers are: 95A0991VGLOVI. So no 3-digits initially, but the first zero was probably just omitted. At any rate, those dates are April 05, 2021, and April 09, 2021. There's no freaking way it took 4 days for the car to cross the ocean, so something doesn't add up there... but I guess it got into the US port on April 09. Now the question is what does the April 05 date mean. Anybody? :) I know the car got to the dealer on April 29th, and I bought it out of town on April 30th. But the vehicle was stuck for over a week near Santa Rosa, NM, due to rail delays. Also curious which port it arrived; googled 'VGLOVI', and zero hits. So maybe the 'A' is the port; who knows.
In the top left box of the window sticker where it shows the vin and model it will have the port of entry listed
The 95 means they didn't release your window sticker until it was at sea on the transport
The VGLOVI is the transport vessel, it is owned by Hyundai

·
Registered
7 Posts
here in the USA.

Mine showed KHOEGH.

HU- Hueneme, CALIF.

Attached
window sticker info.gif
Gene, thank you for your informative post! I was hoping you might be able to assist as I'm struggling on the vesselfinder website. We received the VIN number on our 22' Palisade today along with a "Vehicle Information" sheet which looks very similar to a traditional window sticker but does not contain the bar code referenced in your post. We were informed that the status has changed to "At Sea" so I was hoping I might be able to track it down. I tried putting the VIN number in the search bar of the vesselfinder website but didn't get any results. Am I doing it right? Thanks in advance for any guidance!

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
243 Posts
In the top left box of the window sticker where it shows the vin and model it will have the port of entry listed. The 95 means they didn't release your window sticker until it was at sea on the transport.
Oh, okay; thanks. Port says 'NC', so guess there's only one there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I recently got my VIN and a Monroney sticker, but it's not the full window sticker with barcode. I also tried the website above to get my window sticker but it didn't seem to work. Any suggestions to track my car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I recently got my VIN and a Monroney sticker, but it's not the full window sticker with barcode. I also tried the website above to get my window sticker but it didn't seem to work. Any suggestions to track my car?
Keep trying the above website as it’s likely not ready yet. The website worked for me on the day the full window sticker was eventually released.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I sent him a message but no response yet.
Good luck, glad to see you finally got your VIN. Maybe the car's not too far behind. Here in the U.S. once the dealer had the VIN they were able to give me an expected deliver date. They actually beat that date by four days.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good luck, glad to see you finally got your VIN. Maybe the car's not too far behind. Here in the U.S. once the dealer had the VIN they were able to give me an expected deliver date. They actually beat that date by four days.
The new expected arrival date is September 22nd. The car has reached a compound in Canada and will soon be on CP rail, as per the sales rep.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts