Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be putting on proper winter tires onto my Ultimate this winter. Just wondering if I'll need to have the TPMS sensors re-set by the dealership or do the sensors re-set themselves.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I as
I'll be putting on proper winter tires onto my Ultimate this winter. Just wondering if I'll need to have the TPMS sensors re-set by the dealership or do the sensors re-set themselves.
I asked our dealer and he said the sensors can be reset by dealership for a fee! But could be wrong as he didn’t have the off set measurement I required for ordering some steel wheels for winter myself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked with my dealership service manager about the monitors. Because the Palisade is so new, he wasn't sure if the sensors would re-set automatically or not. If not, he said he'd have them re-set for free. Excellent !! BTW, I paid $165 per sensor that will be installed onto my winter wheels. New Blizzak DM V2's on order thru Costco. Getting ready for winter before the rush.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just got full kumho winter ice tires, 18” steel wheels and the sensors from dealership for $2100. Sensors were $635 . Can tire was about same price for wheels and tires but no sensors and didn’t know if the vehicle would require a dealership reset on TPMS after swap with new sensors I’d have to pick up from Dealership.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes. Use the "Page" button on the steering wheel and then the toggle just below it to scroll thru the different info screens. The TPMS will be shown in the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just installed my winter rim/tire set up. Using Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 and Hyundai rims from my Sante Fe. The new TPMS sensors that were installed did not need a re-set as they started displaying after about 3 km. FYI, for those of you using true "winter" tires, Hyundai and other tire stores recommend running the tires with 3-4 psi above the OEM tire pressure. Refer to your Palisade manual, pg. 7-74 I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts