Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
530 Posts
I am half tempted to replace the hitch too. The OEM hitch hangs too low, and the 7 pin plug (when connected as per the directions) is even closer to the ground. It’s a terrible design. I love the Palisade, and hate the OEM hitch, and wiring connector.
Not going to gain much with a non OEM hitch, they all sit pretty low. I have scraped mine coming out of a steep driveway without even any weight on the hitch or in the vehicle. I designed my own bracket for the trailer plug.. to make sure it sits higher than the hitch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why isn't anyone talking about trailer hitch wiring causing fires? I took my 2020 Palisade for routine maintenance and they literally "stole" the fuse to my trailer lights. Stated they had been instructed to do that. I chose this Palisade for it's towing power. When I said I have a Thanksgiving camping trip planned, how am I supposed to tow without lights? The answer was "sorry we can't help you with that" So, why haven't I gotten a notice or recall warning me of this "danger"? 'sorry we don't know about that" . I think someone from corporate owes me a call and a refund.
They pulled mine too when I got an oil change.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know they have discussed it on here cause I read it. It really is an inconvenience 🙁
I traded in my 2020 Palisade Limited for a 2023 Palisade Calligraphy. As part of the recall, the dealer removed a fuse from my 2020 shortly before I made the trade. I purchased the new 2023 wishing to purchase it with the towing package. We took delivery early October of this year and no factory hitch and wiring harness was available. Just checked today and they still do not have the towing hitch and harness available. Has anyone else found this to be true on the 2023 Calligraphy?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why isn't anyone talking about trailer hitch wiring causing fires? I took my 2020 Palisade for routine maintenance and they literally "stole" the fuse to my trailer lights. Stated they had been instructed to do that. I chose this Palisade for it's towing power. When I said I have a Thanksgiving camping trip planned, how am I supposed to tow without lights? The answer was "sorry we can't help you with that" So, why haven't I gotten a notice or recall warning me of this "danger"? 'sorry we don't know about that" . I think someone from corporate owes me a call and a refund.
I have received notice of the recall but you are so right about Hyundai service not having a clue as to what's going on. I love my Palisades but dread taking it into service because it's always a hassle and every time I tell him there's something wrong like the front crash alert doesn't work or the windshield wipers mysteriously turn on, which by the way I have had for recall notices about it but there is no fix as of yet. Also their 3-year maintenance only includes oil changes. Every time I bring it in they tell me there is an additional $350 to $695 maintenance I need to do on my car. Also they tell me I need to have it serviced every 3,000 miles which isn't covered. I have owned Fords for many years and never had a problem with their service departments. I wonder if my local Ford dealer would start selling Hyundai's. Good luck on your camping trip. Could you possibly put a fuse in while Towing then take it out when not using the hitch. That would be my recommendation for the time being

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have received notice of the recall but you are so right about Hyundai service not having a clue as to what's going on. I love my Palisades but dread taking it into service because it's always a hassle and every time I tell him there's something wrong like the front crash alert doesn't work or the windshield wipers mysteriously turn on, which by the way I have had for recall notices about it but there is no fix as of yet. Also their 3-year maintenance only includes oil changes. Every time I bring it in they tell me there is an additional $350 to $695 maintenance I need to do on my car. Also they tell me I need to have it serviced every 3,000 miles which isn't covered. I have owned Fords for many years and never had a problem with their service departments. I wonder if my local Ford dealer would start selling Hyundai's. Good luck on your camping trip. Could you possibly put a fuse in while Towing then take it out when not using the hitch. That would be my recommendation for the time being

21 - 30 of 30 Posts