Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an interview with Mike O’Brien, VP, Hyundai Motor America and he said there's one (1) option available for a self-leveling rear suspension. Has anyone seen a Palisade with both the tow package and self-leveling rear suspension? if so, please share where you saw it and/or how you got the vehicle. Plus posting any pictures of the rear with a tow hitch would be appreciated. Was it a special order or standard delivered vehicle at the dealership with these options already included? Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
The self-leveling suspension is an option on the SEL and standard on the Limited. The tow package is an accessory. Someone on another forum has had their dealer install it on their new Palisade.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm waiting for my dealer to let me know when the tow accessories are available to order. Might be time to give them a call for a status check. Anyone have more info or already had the towing accessories installed?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The popularity of this vehicle has already spawned two very active forums and likely will more, and/or more specialized ones. You have to keep active to find the answers you are looking for. The topic may be under discussion elsewhere.
Look here for your answer:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here is Hyundai’s solution to adding a receiver hitch. Other options from other hitch makers (U-Haul, Hidden Hitch, et al) will be along, no doubt, as will be other size drawbar options. Don’t under-size for your heaviest load forecast.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is Hyundai’s solution to adding a receiver hitch. Other options from other hitch makers (U-Haul, Hidden Hitch, et al) will be along, no doubt, as will be other size drawbar options. Don’t under-size for your heaviest load forecast.
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
The only hitch that seems to be available is the one made by Hyundai. It sells for $400. I'm going to wait for an aftermarket hitch to be available. Should be considerably cheaper.

·
Registered
250 Posts
According to the sheet that hangs in the window of new cars and was included with the paperwork when I purchased a Palisade Limited AWD the "Trailering pkg (pre-wiring, transmission cooler, sway control) is included under the Powertrain Technology category as standard equipment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the factory hitch installed on mine as the dealer had it in stock when I purchased about 2.5 weeks ago. I did not get the wireing harness yet (i have a bike rack that I use most of the time so wiring wasnt critical) but we do plan on getting a small travel trailer. The current wiring harness is only a 4 pin which does no good for most trailers with brakes (and trailer brakes are required to hit that 5000lbs towing). So I am hoping there will be an aftermarket 7 pin connector available soon

·
Registered
52 Posts
So I asked etrailer the other day if the tow hitch for the Kia telluride was the same for the palisade since they share the same frame. They responded today with the new Curt 13427 hitch. Going on sale today for $225. I couldn't find it on auto anything. Here's the link I got from them. https://www.etrailer.com/p-C13427.html

·
Registered
21 Posts
Autoanything.com is selling the 13427 hitch for $215 including shipping. It is not on their website yet because it is so new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If anyone installs the Curt hitch, please post pictures. I really like the Stealth, but the tongue weight is a little on the low side

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wiring harness for the palisade is only the 4 flat. Hyundai sales it for $150 but etrailer sales one for $91.
Take in account the palisade comes prewired so all you have to do is plug it in when you install the hitch. The access/ socket is under the car covered up so dirt or debris won't get in it unless you decide to install it. If you want the 7 round which you need for heavier towing/ up to the full 5000 lbs you need to run a ground to the battery and buy an adapter/ converter. Hyundai didn't prewire for the 7 round only the 4 flat.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts