Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I saw an interview with Mike O’Brien, VP of Hyundai Motor America, and he said there's one (1) option available for a self-levelling rear suspension. Has anyone seen a Palisade with the tow package and self-levelling rear suspension? Please share where you saw it and/or how you got the vehicle. Plus, posting any pictures of the rear with a tow hitch would be appreciated.
Was it a particular order or a standard delivered the car at the dealership with these options already included?
Thanks

· Registered
33 Posts
The popularity of this vehicle has already spawned two very active forums and likely will more, and/or more specialized ones. You have to keep active to find the answers you are looking for. The topic may be under discussion elsewhere.
Look here for your answer:

· Registered
264 Posts
According to the sheet that hangs in the window of new cars and was included with the paperwork when I purchased a Palisade Limited AWD the "Trailering pkg (pre-wiring, transmission cooler, sway control) is included under the Powertrain Technology category as standard equipment.

· Registered
2 Posts
I had the factory hitch installed on mine as the dealer had it in stock when I purchased about 2.5 weeks ago. I did not get the wireing harness yet (i have a bike rack that I use most of the time so wiring wasnt critical) but we do plan on getting a small travel trailer. The current wiring harness is only a 4 pin which does no good for most trailers with brakes (and trailer brakes are required to hit that 5000lbs towing). So I am hoping there will be an aftermarket 7 pin connector available soon

· Registered
52 Posts
Wiring harness for the palisade is only the 4 flat. Hyundai sales it for $150 but etrailer sales one for $91.
Take in account the palisade comes prewired so all you have to do is plug it in when you install the hitch. The access/ socket is under the car covered up so dirt or debris won't get in it unless you decide to install it. If you want the 7 round which you need for heavier towing/ up to the full 5000 lbs you need to run a ground to the battery and buy an adapter/ converter. Hyundai didn't prewire for the 7 round only the 4 flat.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.