Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Very nice, but not everyone has a luxury of raising the vehicle though. :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm jealous. I installed (and removed) mine in the driveway without the vehicle lifted. The worst part is getting the bolts behind the muffler in place and the one bolt past that little white clip that blocks the bolt on the non muffler side.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
490 Posts
Having not crawled under my car, I was wondering what those things are that I circled in Yellow? Are they for rubber mounts?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Having not crawled under my car, I was wondering what those things are that I circled in Yellow? Are they for rubber mounts?

View attachment 3790
Yes, those are for the rubber mounts for the exhaust. Part of the install procedure is to remove them so the exhaust hangs lower to give access to bolt in the hitch (the bolts are directly above the muffler).

I assume this is a in-work picture.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisades Calligraphy
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, would you mind taking a picture of how the plug looks from behind the vehicle, and underneath, to see how it was secured, and what was drilled? Still not sure if I want to do something like that (depending what needs to be drilled, and how much is shows), or just leave the harness secured out of view with a Velcro strap.

As far as the installation, it'll probably take me longer, since I'll have to make do with Rhino ramps, and raise hitch with my floor jack, all by myself. Not looking forward to that. Ha ha. Thank you for the links.
Check out the photos. The plug mount is zip tied from behind to a mounting point for the bumper facia. No way I was drilling into a new plastic bumper.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just to make a small suggestion. Buy an extra long stinger. It will save you repair costs. Regular stingers are too short and you need to be VERY careful when trying to hitch up.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
490 Posts
Just to make a small suggestion. Buy an extra long stinger. It will save you repair costs. Regular stingers are too short and you need to be VERY careful when trying to hitch up.
I'm using a regular length ball mount, though I did go with a 4" rise so my boat trailer would be closer to level and easier to connect and disconnect.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisades Calligraphy
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very good point. My PWC has a long pigtail. Just have to make sure the lights still work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts