Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At random times at startup the touchscreen remains blank for 3-4 minutes, then boots up as normal. There's no radio, no backup camera, nothing at all. For me this occurs a few times a week. I mentioned it to the dealer and they stated no issues have been reported.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
What trim you have? My Limited does not do exactly like yours but when switching from media to radio etc it takes couple of seconds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Limited trim. I not using the media just radio and normal functions. It's so random that taking back to the dealer would be a shot in the dark. Only during some startup sequences does it happen, and I understand that the booting process could take a few seconds, but these lags happen for 3-4 minutes. Just a bit weird, I guess. Maybe an update will address it in the future.

Other than that, it's an awesome vehicle

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hawk14, do you have a large music collection plugged into the USB port? My last car, a Honda, took a very long time to come up when my music collection was plugged in. The infotainment may be trying to read and index the music collection.

This may completely wrong, but I thought it was worth posting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply tallLeRoy. I have a large selection of music plugged into the USB port. I'm going to unplug it and see if the issue stops. Your post definitely makes sense and glad you posted it. Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I
Hawk14, do you have a large music collection plugged into the USB port? My last car, a Honda, took a very long time to come up when my music collection was plugged in. The infotainment may be trying to read and index the music collection.

This may completely wrong, but I thought it was worth posting.
Partially you might be right, but USP media will only take time when you are loading it first time, because that's when it creates index for music files and use that indexing to load quickly in next session or until you remove USB and put back in

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Limited trim. I not using the media just radio and normal functions. It's so random that taking back to the dealer would be a shot in the dark. Only during some startup sequences does it happen, and I understand that the booting process could take a few seconds, but these lags happen for 3-4 minutes. Just a bit weird, I guess. Maybe an update will address it in the future.

Other than that, it's an awesome vehicle
What trim you have? My Limited does not do exactly like yours but when switching from media to radio etc it takes couple of seconds.
I too am having black out issues for about 5 minutes after I start the engine. I have been videoing it on my cell phone to take to the dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I too am having black out issues for about 5 minutes after I start the engine. I have been videoing it on my cell phone to take to the dealer.
After taking tallLeRoy advice and removing my USB drive from the slot I haven't had the issue again. For me it seemed to be related the the music stored on the drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts