Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the torq spec for the palisade? I have the limited version. I’ve been torquing to 85 foot pounds

·
Registered
289 Posts
Torquing what the tires? The general rule for steel wheel lug nut torque is usually around 80ft/lb, and for aluminum wheel is around 100ft/lb.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
243 Posts
With the heavy Calligraphy, I went with 90, which is at the higher end.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The most important thing is torquing the lugs evenly within the recommended range. I probably would set my torque wrench at 100 to allow for +/- tolerance without ever looking the spec's up. Now I know to put it at the 95 line thanks posters. I tend to go at the highest level without overtorqing after being in the automotive business for so long and being lawsuit adverse. I'm like most, I tend to not recheck my lug torque at 100 miles, the high end can eat a little sin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The most important thing is torquing the lugs evenly within the recommended range. I probably would set my torque wrench at 100 to allow for +/- tolerance without ever looking the spec's up. Now I know to put it at the 95 line thanks posters. I tend to go at the highest level without overtorqing after being in the automotive business for so long and being lawsuit adverse. I'm like most, I tend to not recheck my lug torque at 100 miles, the high end can eat a little sin.
For sure I also round up but not a lot.. I’ve seen over torquing cause warpage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts