Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced any issues with their toll tags being scanned with the Palisaded(Limited)? In Texas we have something called a TollTag, which is just a little sticker I believe with some sort of RFID chip inside of it that is read by the scanners on the highways. I think this is working fine for me, as it looks like I'm getting the discounts over alternative full price license scans. Oddly enough, where I'm noticing an issue is going through the booth scanners at the airport. It seems hit or miss if it'll pick it up. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the type of glass they used in the windshield?

I seem to recall having an issue with my '04 Honda Accord back In the day, that required me to get an external tag.

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
make sure tolltag isn't on the shaded strip at top of winshield, or try locating in a different part of windshield from where you have it now

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone experienced any issues with their toll tags being scanned with the Palisaded(Limited)? In Texas we have something called a TollTag, which is just a little sticker I believe with some sort of RFID chip inside of it that is read by the scanners on the highways. I think this is working fine for me, as it looks like I'm getting the discounts over alternative full price license scans. Oddly enough, where I'm noticing an issue is going through the booth scanners at the airport. It seems hit or miss if it'll pick it up. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the type of glass they used in the windshield?

I seem to recall having an issue with my '04 Honda Accord back In the day, that required me to get an external tag.
Where did you end up placing your toll tag? Any more issues at DFW? I need to apply mine - wanted to put it on the shaded area due to the size of the rear view mirror base but now I’m hesitant!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where did you end up placing your toll tag? Any more issues at DFW? I need to apply mine - wanted to put it on the shaded area due to the size of the rear view mirror base but now I’m hesitant!
I have only had issues at DFW, not on the other roads as I am on my 5th tag in 4 months. It is something with the windshield and the amount of light hitting it at the airport booths. I was told you can go to the Plano NTTA location and they will assist you with where to put it OR it was suggested to put it above the registration sticker. For now, I have it taped on my windshield until I can figure out what to do. I would be interested to know what others say as I don't want to put it on top of the registration sticker and would like to find another area.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
66 Posts
Do you have a HUD? The windshield on a HUD equipped car is polarized whereas a non-HUD windshield isn't. That polarization may affect something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I do have HUD. I guess this is the problem but I did go through the airport today and it worked on the way in in the lower driver side but not on the way out. Will look into this further. Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
310 Posts
HUD has nothing to do with it. I have the HUD and the tag works fine.

Maybe your tag is defective. Get a new one and then apply it as instructed and don't put it over the black area surrounding the mirror.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts