Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand tires came on your limited edition palisade with H Trac AWD.
Are they all Bridgestone?

·
Registered
197 Posts
They started with Michelin tires in South Korea, then realized they couldn't get enough and switched to Bridgestone. This all happened before they started selling the Palisade in the US. Only South Korea has ever seen Michelin tires, to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
52 Posts
But it'll be cheaper to replace the Bridgestones, lol.
Not really. They're 20 inch rims. No matter what you're spending a $1000 for a set of 4 tires installed without road hazzard on them. Speaking of tires has anyone checked out the spare to see if it's a full size or not? I've never had a vehicle with the tire mounted underneath so I ain't messing with it unless it's an emergency

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not really. They're 20 inch rims. No matter what you're spending a $1000 for a set of 4 tires installed without road hazzard on them. Speaking of tires has anyone checked out the spare to see if it's a full size or not? I've never had a vehicle with the tire mounted underneath so I ain't messing with it unless it's an emergency
I didn't say it was cheap. I said Bridgestone tires were cheaper than Michelin ones.

·
Registered
52 Posts
All depends on price, tech in tires at the time, and ratings. Knowing that Michelins were initially supposed to be on it I would strongly consider them first and foremost. My last experience with Michelins were not the best though. They kept sucking up/ being attracted to nails. I had to keep patching them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Best rated tire for the limited is BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season tire
according to tire rack anyway
Also very good and better in some aspects Pirelli Scorpion Verde All-Season Plus

·
Registered
243 Posts
I currently have Bridgestone on the Limited AWD but prefer either Michelin, Goodyear or Cooper. I have used Tire Rack to purchase several sets of tires over the years but when I needed to replace the tires on my Tundra I went to Sam's Club and bought Michelin. They offered lifetime tire rotation and balancing. Could not pass up that deal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Best rated tire for the limited is BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season tire
according to tire rack anyway
Also very good and better in some aspects Pirelli Scorpion Verde All-Season Plus
Dumb question but this is a brand new vehicle so how tire rack going to know which tires are the best for it? The telluride is brand new too and I seriously doubt someone has racked up that many miles to be changing tires already.

·
Registered
243 Posts
They rate the tires by user experience and not just the vehicle. The same tire will fit a variety of vehicles with the same characteristics so the information is useful and helpful.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here is picture of spare tire

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the SEL, was the Michelin only offered on the Limited or was it on all models before they realized they couldn't get enough of them? I am curious because if the Michelin is what Hyundai had orginally intended, they usually tune the suspension and handling specifically tailored to that OEM tire they are going to use.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My Palisade Limited has a manufacture date of 5/29/19. I purchase it on 7/27/19 and I believe it was from the initial off load of Palisades in the US. The tires on my vehicle are
20" Bridgestones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Regarding the H Trac AWD I read on another site that Hyundai "slapped on a CHEAP FAKE BRAKE AWD system on the Palisade/Telluride which uses Open Differentials that send the torque the wheel of least resistance (traction) and uses the brake on that spinning wheel to send the torque the other side". Does anyone know if this is true or was this a troll ranting fake news? I was debating between the Palisades or Ascent. I am more interested in getting the Palisades but concerned as we are moving to snow country next month.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts