Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - We have a 2020 Limited AWD Palisade with 56,000 miles and are in need of new tires. We live in far NW Wisconsin and deal with very cold weather and snow in the winter. We don’t want to go the snow tire route (We have a 4wd truck to use if there is too much snow). Our original Bridgestone’s handled pretty good in the snow. I did some research on Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires which sounded good but I did see a comment about them not being the best in really cold weather. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You got excellent mileage out of your factory tires. Here's what I've been looking at.

245/50R20

Michelin CrossClimate 2
Yokohama YK740GTX

YOKOHAMA - GEOLANDAR CV G058

Pirelli
Scorpion Verde
All Season Plus II

All recommended by various users.
Good luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello - We have a 2020 Limited AWD Palisade with 56,000 miles and are in need of new tires. We live in far NW Wisconsin and deal with very cold weather and snow in the winter. We don’t want to go the snow tire route (We have a 4wd truck to use if there is too much snow). Our original Bridgestone’s handled pretty good in the snow. I did some research on Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires which sounded good but I did see a comment about them not being the best in really cold weather. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks.
Greetings! I switched over to Crossclimate 2s and I have to say that this is the BEST all season tire I’ve ever driven. The OEM Hancooks were a disaster in the snow so……swapped them out even though < 7K miles on them.

My observations:

1.) Extreme snow performance! I was able to drive through 12-14 inches of unplowed powered snow with no issues (even on slight inclines). Really good braking and cornering performance on snow.

2.). Above average Ice performance. A dedicated ice tire would be much better but i experienced no unusual drama during icy conditions.

3.) Cold performance. I know you noted hearing poor Cold performance, but I never experienced any noticeable issues. Then again, the coldest Ive drive was one morning of -5F. Perhaps things are different in extreme cold (-20F or lower)?

4.). Great wet performance with no noticeable hydroplane

5.). Dry performance: Dry performance is good for corner grip and braking. You will not have the same ‘sporty feel’ offered by high performance all season or ”summer tires” but hey……this is a Palisade (vs 700hp Jeep Trackhawk 😆).…

6.) Noise: Generally quiet with the noticeable exception of when driving in moderate rain when the tires do (in my observations) make a low buzz from water channeling.
look on YouTube and y

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greetings! I switched over to Crossclimate 2s and I have to say that this is the BEST all season tire I’ve ever driven. The OEM Hancooks were a disaster in the snow so……swapped them out even though < 7K miles on them.

My observations:

1.) Extreme snow performance! I was able to drive through 12-14 inches of unplowed powered snow with no issues (even on slight inclines). Really good braking and cornering performance on snow.

2.). Above average Ice performance. A dedicated ice tire would be much better but i experienced no unusual drama during icy conditions.

3.) Cold performance. I know you noted hearing poor Cold performance, but I never experienced any noticeable issues. Then again, the coldest Ive drive was one morning of -5F. Perhaps things are different in extreme cold (-20F or lower)?

4.). Great wet performance with no noticeable hydroplane

5.). Dry performance: Dry performance is good for corner grip and braking. You will not have the same ‘sporty feel’ offered by high performance all season or ”summer tires” but hey……this is a Palisade (vs 700hp Jeep Trackhawk 😆).…

6.) Noise: Generally quiet with the noticeable exception of when driving in moderate rain when the tires do (in my observations) make a low buzz from water channeling.
look on YouTube and y

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your input Trev. We got the CrossClimate 2’s put on our car last week. The ride is so much smoother and quieter. I won’t know about the snow handling for at least a couple of months (at least that’s what I am hoping 😄).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts