Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12k miles dealership has done the oil change and tire rotation and the Bridgestone tires are cupping?

Went on vacation and had a tow hitch factory installed on vehicle so I mounted the quick attach luggage carrier. Hour into drive and it had melted almost all the back bumper by the exhaust and damaged multiple items on the rack. Wagon chair tarp etc. Exhaust points right into the luggage rack. Design defect

Driving around 55 to 60 you start to hear wind noise in the passenger front door/window?

Any one else having these issues?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Compact sport utility vehicle
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Exhaust system Automotive exhaust
Grass Grass family Spring Tree Plant

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry to see the condition of your bumper. That's not going to be cheap to fix. I have a cargo box that attaches to the receiver. However, it's raised higher than yours and it sets about 6 inches farther back from the exhaust. A heat shield can help you to protect the contents from being melted next time. But you're going to need another configuration to prevent the bumper from heating (riser, extender, etc).

·
Registered
673 Posts
wind noise

do a search on this site and you'll find plenty of other posts, and at least one post where some have posted solutions to the wind noise issue. I have cured the wind noise and posted how I did it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your metal cage was deflecting all of the heat right back to the car. I would have opted for some type of riser so that the exhaust had some place to go unrestricted.
This is the correct answer. This isn't a design defect it was a user error, whenever you have an exhaust that spits directly outback as opposed to the side you should be looking at using a riser.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts