Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you owners of the Limited trim find the very small fuel and temp gauges annoying? Seems to me they should be more prominent.I believe it's a larger display on the SEL trim.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Interesting. I think the fuel gauge is sized properly. I rely instead on the remaining miles to empty indicator, which I find far more useful.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not bothered by it. I'm more bothered by how the miles to empty and gauge are noticeably not symmetric. Also, I'd rather have it be half the size and not think I have a quarter of a tank when I only have 1/8. The warning till empty should be 50 and not 25, but now I'm nitpicking and getting off topic.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wonder how accurate the remainder to empty is? I was down to 6 miles left, filled it up, and it only took 16.8 gallons. I thought the tank was closer to 19 gallons?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I wonder how accurate the remainder to empty is? I was down to 6 miles left, filled it up, and it only took 16.8 gallons. I thought the tank was closer to 19 gallons?
18.75 gallons to be precise.

I can't speak to accuracy of the Palisade (my wife typically drives it and doesn't let it go below 1/4), but on my 2012 Sonata, it is wildly inaccurate. And I even had the fuel sending unit replaced on the Sonata because the first one went bad (I had no idea how much gas was in the tank) and the second one has never been accurate in terms of remaining miles to empty.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Agreed with those that don't really care. I normally rely on the "miles remaining". But that is also very deceiving because it is based on your driving latest driving habits. That means if you were driving at a nice steady pace of 50 mph, it might say 100 miles remaining. But once you hit local driving, it will be reduced significantly. am i wrong?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Agreed with those that don't really care. I normally rely on the "miles remaining". But that is also very deceiving because it is based on your driving latest driving habits. That means if you were driving at a nice steady pace of 50 mph, it might say 100 miles remaining. But once you hit local driving, it will be reduced significantly. am i wrong?
You are correct.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Older vehicles have customizable dashes. No idea why there's no clock and we can't switch the speedo & tach around.... let alone enlarge gauges!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts