Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when a car shows up on the Hyundai site and says "contact Dealer" how long is it until it is normally delivered to the dealer? I actually can see the boats that deliver to my area (and most of the southeast) come in. Anyway, didn't know if someone had a general timeframe.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
So when a car shows up on the Hyundai site and says "contact Dealer" how long is it until it is normally delivered to the dealer? I actually can see the boats that deliver to my area (and most of the southeast) come in. Anyway, didn't know if someone had a general timeframe.
It depends on whether they do anything to the cars at the port of entry. In my case, which was more than a year ago, they were inspecting all Palisades for flat spots on the tires and replacing them if necessary. It took over a month for my car to leave the port. That's not to say they're doing that today - I've no idea.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It depends on whether they do anything to the cars at the port of entry. In my case, which was more than a year ago, they were inspecting all Palisades for flat spots on the tires and replacing them if necessary. It took over a month for my car to leave the port. That's not to say they're doing that today - I've no idea.
Appreciate the info. I am not sure if once they populate on the site if they mean it has landed or what. Dealer is going to check. I have actually toured the port and went through the Hyundai/Genesis area where they added certain add-ons. Was really cool to see how the logistics work. I'll be glad to drive it off the boat for them. ;)

Appreciate the response and I will just have to be patient!

·
Super Moderator
995 Posts
My dealer was able to give me an estimated time of arrival at their dealership.
It ended up being longer as they did some updates at port as Eric had done to his.
I must have gotten a good upgrade team, as there has been no problems at all

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you referring to "contact dealer for pricing" or 'In Transit" state where no price is shown.

I actually have a related question if anyone can answer. When I was shopping for my santa fe GLS 5 years back , Hyundai website used to have "In Transit' option. It's gone now but the search results shows the in transit vehicles ONLY when none of the results match. I know it sounds odd but when I search for vehicles in 250 miles matching my criteria a few comes up but no 'in transit' ones. I change the search area to 25 miles and magically multiple 'in transit' vehicels appear with the message 'no exact maches found...' Has anyone figued out a way to show both in transit and in stock vehicles in the search.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting update (at least to me and may be helpful for someone in the future)? So I tried over the last few days to click on the Window sticker link and it would give an error message. I tried today and it populated. I have no idea that this means but I found it interesting. Perhaps it means it is in port, in transit to dealer, or even arrived at dealer. I guess we will see if it means anything at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts