Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like it might be time to sell the 2020 Palisade. Wife paid $39K +ttl in July of 2019, and just received a $40,300 offer from Carvana. Not bad.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Used market is insane right now. I sold my palisade about a month ago to carvana for more than I paid for it new 18 months ago.

Unfortunately, the market is also insane for getting new vehicles right now too, so it's more expensive go replace it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just did a quick check, a little over a year old with only 5600 miles due to COVID, on a limited - Carvana offered $44,254. I paid $46,000 and got an extra $500 on the trade, so not too bad. Still with tax, license, and all, I’d much rather keep it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just did a quick check, a little over a year old with only 5600 miles due to COVID, on a limited - Carvana offered $44,254. I paid $46,000 and got an extra $500 on the trade, so not too bad. Still with tax, license, and all, I’d much rather keep it.
We bought ours in July of 2019. It has 13K miles, and a scuff on the bumper and they are offering Sticker price when new. We got $1,000 off when new which was very hard to find at that time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Used market is insane right now. I sold my palisade about a month ago to carvana for more than I paid for it new 18 months ago.

Unfortunately, the market is also insane for getting new vehicles right now too, so it's more expensive go replace it.
My wife recently quit her corporate job to open a Kitchen gadgets retail store. She will just buy a cheap used car with the equity. She only has a 1 mile commute, and will get rid of the $600 a month payment completely.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got pricing from carvana, carmax, shift, vroom, and algo, and carvana was the highest price. It's always worth getting quotes from everyone though, as things can change.
trying to get quote from carvana, website not working.
So what are you going to buy instead?

·
Registered
977 Posts
The palisade definitely is better in some areas. The semi-autonomous driving aides from hyundai are way better than what Audi offers currently.

·
Registered
109 Posts
very nice audi. had an A8L.

I must agree the semi-auto driving is excellent.

wife always wanted a Q7...

·
Registered
43 Posts
This resale market is interesting. Question for y'all. How does insurance work if you were to total your new Palisade? Since the resale market is so high, would you get that amount (close to what you paid for it) or would you still get screwed by the insurance company where they pay out much less than the purchase price, creating that gap?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts