Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 2020 PALISADE, I SO LOVE MY CAR BUT I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN HEARING A WEIRD THUMPING NOISE FROM WHAT SOUNDS LIKE THE BACK REAR ON THE PASSENGER SIDE? NOT SURE BUT IT IS DEFINETLY THERE. NOT JUST GOING OVER A BUMP I HEAR IT ALL THE TIME. TOOK IT TO THE DEALER AND HAD THEM CHECK IT WHEN I HAD A OIL CHANGE AND TOLD ME THEY FOUND NOTHING, WELL THAT SENT OUT A NOT SO GOOD REVIEW. I GUESS I WILL RECORD THE NOISE WITH MY PHONE. HAVE A FEAR OF BEING STRANDED WITH MY GRANDBABIES. ANYONE HAVE THIS ISSUE FIXED AND WHAT WAS IT? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
96 Posts
Possible causes include a loose spare tire (under the vehicle) or jack (in the trunk). Both are easily fixable... check your manual for location and operating instructions.

·
Administrator
2,571 Posts
You can also check to see if it is the rear tail gate. Some times the adjustment bumpers can get loose by just a little.
I agree with don67 I'd check the spare tire first, then the exhaust pipe near rear end. make sure the hangers are still in place.

·
Registered
499 Posts
An Alignment lift and a rubber mallet come in handy looking for that sort of noise but yes check your spare for tightness. If it is low on pressure it can seem loose too.
(Just thought, I put winter air in my tires yesterday and neglected my own spare.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im noticing this on my Palisade too from the rear. Has anyone successfully diagnosed and resolved the issue?
I took it to Tuttle click in irvine... THE WORST SERVICE DEPT. idiots said its "normal " after 3 days and 35 miles...

Anyone try Tustin Hyundai??

Honestly the service depts at Hyundai make me regret buying one

Check tire, etc... its from top rear shock hesrd from outside

1 - 10 of 10 Posts