Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Palisade Preferred this week and I just love the car!

... but...

... there are some little things I'd like to post and discuss regarding my first week experience.

1) [applies to any dealer, and gave this feedback there too, but good to comment here as well] At the dealership, they test drive the Luxury trim, and make emphases in many features the Preferred does not have (auto/smart tailgate; bird view R; one-click bench folding; ...). It was a bit disappointing to receive a car that was not what I drove, and with some of those missing features. I know those were written on the specs, but they should also point it out. A simple "this feature is not present on the Preferred...." may suffice.

2) No 3rd row heating: easy fix as I got a couple of 12V heated covers at Canadian tire and they work perfectly there for the "in-laws". Just remember to keep those in the garage when not in use, as they are in the way when folding the 3rd row.

3) The hidden trunk area is nice, but things move too much there when driving the car. I like to have a plastic bottle with sand/salt (Oh Canada!), an emergency tire kit, pump, gloves, etc.) Even the tools (enveloped in a nice soft case) can get out from the elastic nest and slide there. FIX: I got an old rubber yoga ball, cut it in half, and placing all my stuff there. The rubber is soft and does not slide on the trunk anymore.

4) Customization took me a while to setup, but navigation is intuitive. One nice thing is: the alert for icy road can be turned off! Love it! That is a big complain I have on my wife Elantra GT: after a few minutes driving it just 3 beeps on you from apparent no reason (again: Oh Canada!).

5) 3rd row, center, 3 point seat belt: how the disengage the mid part? Really, need to insert the buckle on that tiny slot? Not really intuitive and I can see people struggling with that one.

6) 3rd row again: There is a strap on the benches that are used to fold the 3rd row from inside. They can also be used to recline the seats! (Preferred has no power 3rd row...). Both instructions are in the Manual, but adding here as I found it really useful.

7) Homelink setup was a breeze. love it! No more looking for my garage control somewhere beneath the seats...

8) Why there is no option to automatic close the sunroof when locking the car? That is an easy option to implement from Hyundai, right?

9) Overall Panel: Ok, there is a lot of non-intuitive things here, that I can imagine anyone that tries to drive it for the first time lost... What are all those red seat belt signs there? Whats up with that A every time I hit the breaks (Auto stop indicator light) c'mon, I know it's stopped, that's why I am pressing the break pedal, right? So you shift pressing buttons now? ... and so on. I got used to the panel already, but I can totally see people struggling with it. Just something for us (owners)

10) Tire pressure: "While driving only"? what do you mean? I am driving! Reason: because I have winter tires now, and sensors are only on the original tires... Will need to wait until summer for this feature to come back... Can I buy sensors for my winter tires? Any idea what sensor I will need to find?

Overall, sharing my experience here with you all. Feel free to add your comment here of your experiences too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Regards to tire sensors. Can tire does sell ones which may work but they are not that much cheaper than dealership. Ones at dealership you know will work. Price off dealer was $635 CAD plus taxes but he did says price may come down once more companies start to make there own. I got full set of ipike winters, steel wheels with sensors for $1930 all in including storage to save taking summers home and taxes. Cheaper that can tires prices.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe the “A” that you are seeing for Auto Stop tells you that the engine has temporarily turned off. This feature engages when you have your foot on the brake for a certain amount of time, and is done to conserve gas. But it doesn’t always engage, depending on certain conditions, such as the need to maintain climate control temperature. That is why there is an indicator light. If you don’t want it on, you can press the Auto Stop/Start button each time you turn on your car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Also, I know it’s a common gripe, but I truly love the push button shifter. It frees up a bunch of space. I also recently found myself in a drive-through pharmacy with my right hand holding my debit card and a bag of antibiotics, and the push button shifter allowed me to easily shift into drive with my hands full, so I could quickly get out of the next person’s way before taking the time to properly put my card back in my wallet. Those little conveniences far outweigh the learning curve for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought cheap no-name sensors online for a Hyundai Elantra and they work on the Palisade most of the time. At least the Palisade doesn't nag you with yellow warning signs and beeps like my XT5 did.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Also, I know it’s a common gripe, but I truly love the push button shifter. It frees up a bunch of space. I also recently found myself in a drive-through pharmacy with my right hand holding my debit card and a bag of antibiotics, and the push button shifter allowed me to easily shift into drive with my hands full, so I could quickly get out of the next person’s way before taking the time to properly put my card back in my wallet. Those little conveniences far outweigh the learning curve for me.
I wasn’t sure about the push button shifters either at first but I agree with you for the same reasons, it just seems to easy but I’m learning to be okay with that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got used to the dial shifter on my 2017 Ram truck, now I have to get used to push buttons on the Palisade! It’s no problem, new technology makes you think more while driving, I don’t see the shifter as any inconvenience. The drive selection has a bump on the bottom (of the button) similar to a keyboard. That’s how I got used to putting the Palisade in drive, without looking at the buttons.

·
Registered
Palisade, luxury, 2020
10 Posts
Hello everyone,

question. When in park and the engine running, the tail gate wont open with the key fob. Will it open even after standing behind the vehicle wit the fob in my pocket. May be I missed some setting. Btw.. I have the Canadian luxury trim.

thank you in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello everyone,

question. When in park and the engine running, the tail gate wont open with the key fob. Will it open even after standing behind the vehicle wit the fob in my pocket. May be I missed some setting. Btw.. I have the Canadian luxury trim.

thank you in advance.
Yes it will open with fob in your pocket behind the vehicle while running. You need to be outside the vehicle to open with the fob I think. Inside you can use the button on the dash.

·
Registered
Palisade, luxury, 2020
10 Posts
Yes it will open with fob in your pocket behind the vehicle while running. You need to be outside the vehicle to open with the fob I think. Inside you can use the button on the dash.
Thank you. But I think that’s not happening. Anything I am missing here to set this correctly.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hello everyone,

thank you in advance.
When you say won't open with the key fob, you mean when you press and hold the button on the fob or when you stand behind the vehicle to do the hands free opening?

·
Registered
5 Posts
When you say won't open with the key fob, you mean when you press and hold the button on the fob or when you stand behind the vehicle to do the hands free opening?
I know this is potentially wrong because I am stating my experience with my 2013 Nissan Altima but I thought I'd share anyway. My trunk does not open with the key fob at any point if the engine is running. I believe it is a safety feature.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I know this is potentially wrong because I am stating my experience with my 2013 Nissan Altima but I thought I'd share anyway. My trunk does not open with the key fob at any point if the engine is running. I believe it is a safety feature.
I know the doors have to be locked. I don't know about engine running. Presumably, if your engine is running and you find yourself needing to open the lift gate, then your doors are unlocked. In which case, it won't open.

·
Registered
Palisade, luxury, 2020
10 Posts
I know the doors have to be locked. I don't know about engine running. Presumably, if your engine is running and you find yourself needing to open the lift gate, then your doors are unlocked. In which case, it won't open.
Let me try doing a couple of test runs with all the permutations & combinations. Will keep the group posted.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Try as might but you cannot lock the doors from the outside if the engine is running. The only option for the rear lift is to use the button on console or the button on the hatch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts