Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Rainforest SEL
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a SEL purchased in Dec'19. It was a nice day and we left the roof open and a few windows partially open. Walked away and locked/set alarm with the key. A minute or two later the alarm sounded. Horn & lights flashing. I went to the car, unlocked, re-locked, and it happened again. It seems that if windows/roof are open you cannot lock the car. Is this true for all the Palisades or maybe ours has an issue.

Thank you

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello,
I have a SEL purchased in Dec'19. It was a nice day and we left the roof open and a few windows partially open. Walked away and locked/set alarm with the key. A minute or two later the alarm sounded. Horn & lights flashing. I went to the car, unlocked, re-locked, and it happened again. It seems that if windows/roof are open you cannot lock the car. Is this true for all the Palisades or maybe ours has an issue.

Thank you
I got my AWD limited back in August 19 and loving it. I had the dealer installed theft alarm. I too have the same problem. The windows were left partially open.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, but I have a Santa Fe? Cannot figure it out. I left my windows cracked, locked my car and the alarm goes off when it wants to. It is a mystery. Have any of you figured out a solution?

Thanks, Heidi

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
373 Posts
I have the same problem, but I have a Santa Fe? Cannot figure it out. I left my windows cracked, locked my car and the alarm goes off when it wants to. It is a mystery. Have any of you figured out a solution?

Thanks, Heidi
If you leave your rear occupant alert system enabled, and then allow a window to be left open, air blowing past the ultrasonic sensors will trigger the alarm.

Solution(s): turn off the rear occupant alert system entirely in settings (or, just snooze it on a case-by-case basis by hitting okay on your steering wheel when it prompts you to check rear seats in your instrument cluster). Or just make sure you have your windows closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts