Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After more than 2 years looking, reading and researching vehicles, we finally purchased a Palisade Limited in Graphite gray with tan/beige Nappa leather. At the beginning we started casually looking at vehicles and wanted something that would hold all four of our grandchildren and ourselves. We have a 2006 Toyota Tundra truck with 145,000 miles and a 2013 Buick Regal GS Turbo with about the same amount of miles. Both run well and it’s hard to say how long they will still be reliable for us. The vehicles we mainly looked at were the Subaru Ascent, Toyota Highlander and Toyota 4Runner and Lexus GX460. I saw when the Telluride came out but couldn’t get passed the fact that it was a Kia and never tried one out. When the Palisade debuted, I loved most everything about it (not really thrilled with the front) and test drove a couple. Still we waited to see what others had to say about this new model and still bounced around looking at other vehicles. Last Wednesday we finally found a limited with beige interior (and a trailer hitch) and made our purchase. We are very happy so far. We have noticed some wind noise from the front windows (not loud but it does sound like the windows aren’t rolled up all the way). I continue to read the forum comments with others experiencing the same issue and hope there will be a easy fix soon.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. I also bought a new Palisade a couple days ago and am experiencing the so-called wind noise issue. Took to dealer today and they verified it and ordered parts to fix (hopefully) it. Won't know until next appointment in February.

If that is your new ride in the picture, there appears to possibly be something covering up the chrome trim over the passenger door.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on your new ride. I also bought a new Palisade a couple days ago and am experiencing the so-called wind noise issue. Took to dealer today and they verified it and ordered parts to fix (hopefully) it. Won't know until next appointment in February.

If that is your new ride in the picture, there appears to possibly be something covering up the chrome trim over the passenger door.
Yes, this is our Palisade. I think the trim is okay - but will take a closer look at it tomorrow to be sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
After more than 2 years looking, reading and researching vehicles, we finally purchased a Palisade Limited in Graphite gray with tan/beige Nappa leather. At the beginning we started casually looking at vehicles and wanted something that would hold all four of our grandchildren and ourselves. We have a 2006 Toyota Tundra truck with 145,000 miles and a 2013 Buick Regal GS Turbo with about the same amount of miles. Both run well and it’s hard to say how long they will still be reliable for us. The vehicles we mainly looked at were the Subaru Ascent, Toyota Highlander and Toyota 4Runner and Lexus GX460. I saw when the Telluride came out but couldn’t get passed the fact that it was a Kia and never tried one out. When the Palisade debuted, I loved most everything about it (not really thrilled with the front) and test drove a couple. Still we waited to see what others had to say about this new model and still bounced around looking at other vehicles. Last Wednesday we finally found a limited with beige interior (and a trailer hitch) and made our purchase. We are very happy so far. We have noticed some wind noise from the front windows (not loud but it does sound like the windows aren’t rolled up all the way). I continue to read the forum comments with others experiencing the same issue and hope there will be a easy fix soon. View attachment 665
Congrats.

There is a fix for the wind noise. Hyundai has issued a TSB with a fix for this. It's documented in the complaints and issues forum on this website. Your dealer should be aware of it.

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your brand new Palisade. I have 5500 miles on mine and not a single problem and have yet to fault anything about the vehicle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats.

There is a fix for the wind noise. Hyundai has issued a TSB with a fix for this. It's documented in the complaints and issues forum on this website. Your dealer should be aware of it.
Thanks for the information. I will look into right away.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yes! You were correct! There was a piece of black magnetic type tape covering the top trim over the passenger window. The Palisade has been spending a lot of time in our garage due to snowy conditions but we did take it to a do-it-yourself car wash and never noticed the issue. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes! You were correct! There was a piece of black magnetic type tape covering the top trim over the passenger window. The Palisade has been spending a lot of time in our garage due to snowy conditions but we did take it to a do-it-yourself car wash and never noticed the issue. Thanks for your input!

You're welcome. It caught my eye because that tape was on loaner Palisade I had for a day or so.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats.

I was unable to open up the PDF document for TSB 19-BD-010H (wind noise issue). Has anyone else been able to open the PDF or some how viewed the document?

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited
295 Posts
After more than 2 years looking, reading and researching vehicles, we finally purchased a Palisade Limited in Graphite gray with tan/beige Nappa leather. At the beginning we started casually looking at vehicles and wanted something that would hold all four of our grandchildren and ourselves. We have a 2006 Toyota Tundra truck with 145,000 miles and a 2013 Buick Regal GS Turbo with about the same amount of miles. Both run well and it’s hard to say how long they will still be reliable for us. The vehicles we mainly looked at were the Subaru Ascent, Toyota Highlander and Toyota 4Runner and Lexus GX460. I saw when the Telluride came out but couldn’t get passed the fact that it was a Kia and never tried one out. When the Palisade debuted, I loved most everything about it (not really thrilled with the front) and test drove a couple. Still we waited to see what others had to say about this new model and still bounced around looking at other vehicles. Last Wednesday we finally found a limited with beige interior (and a trailer hitch) and made our purchase. We are very happy so far. We have noticed some wind noise from the front windows (not loud but it does sound like the windows aren’t rolled up all the way). I continue to read the forum comments with others experiencing the same issue and hope there will be a easy fix soon. View attachment 665
Mine has been quiet so far....I purchased door edge strips and installed. Might be my imagination; seems quieter still; very happy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts