Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woot....and the arrival time was within the time window given by the dealer when I put a deposit on the car...all of which is a positive for Hyundai, I think....they are installing a hitch, and prepping the car, and I am supposed to take possession later today....
In an effort to share what little I know, this seemed to be the timeline in my purchase...the car was loaded onto a carrier in Ulsan on November 15th...the ship arrived in Benecia California on November 25th....During this time the hyundaiusa.com site listed the car with the VIN I had been given as being "in transit"....on November 28th the car disappeared from the Huyndaiusa website, with no further information except an expected time window from my dealer of Dec 5th through Dec 10th....I received dealer notice that it was here on Dec 7th....this seems to be more like it should be compared to some of the other waits here, and I hope it means that other shipments will be more timely for others....
The car is burgundy/beige, and looks pretty....I hope the known problems have been fixed, and I will report back in a day or so on the wind noise...

·
Super Moderator
958 Posts
Congrats Utah
Glad to see you got yours, hope to see mine follow about the same time line for Jan delivery.
Let us know if any of the problems were taken care of. I'm pretty sure they have corrected the air bag thing.
Hope they changed the gaskets for the door noise issue

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great to hear....just notified today my white awd limited has been built. No word on transit or final delivery. However dealer stated Dec 28 which would be 2 boat weeks and one additional to the Midwest. Ordered July 26

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First drive is impressive....smooth....I have an Equus which is better than most cars for road-quiet, but this is clearly a step beyond that...just getting acquainted with the car, but so far it's been a series of "oh wow's"...…...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm curious for all you who have ordered your Palisade. I'm in SoCal, and multiple dealers told me that Hyundai does not allow customers to order cars. Instead, Hyundai ships cars to dealers and dealers get whatever Hyundai gives them. Basically I was told that I'm stuck with whatever the inventory happens to be, there was no way I could order a car from Hyundai. But many on here seem to have ordered a car. How is that?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm curious for all you who have ordered your Palisade. I'm in SoCal, and multiple dealers told me that Hyundai does not allow customers to order cars. Instead, Hyundai ships cars to dealers and dealers get whatever Hyundai gives them. Basically I was told that I'm stuck with whatever the inventory happens to be, there was no way I could order a car from Hyundai. But many on here seem to have ordered a car. How is that?
Speaking only for my case, the dealer told me he had a burgundy/beige coming in, and so we negotiated a deal, and I put $1000 down as a binder, and waited for the car to come in...I think some have ordered from Hyundai, but it appears to be a long, long wait...

·
Super Moderator
958 Posts
My dealership ordered mine, some dealers just don't want to be bothered.
Look for another dealership.
It takes about 5 months or more to get an ordered car

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the Palisade on the highway today....at 78mph there was a little wind noise from what seemed to be the outside mirror....it wasn't loud, and not sure I would have noticed it except that I was listening for any noise....there were no cross-winds, so that may be an issue on another day, but really it was a refined ride that was quieter than our 2012 Equus, which has always seemed quiet to us...the cruise features and heads-up display are all that I hoped they would be...the Hyundai engineers have done a remarkable job in designing this car...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I ordered mine as did many others so that is definitely not true. Went into dealer, who said they won't have any of the trim/color combo that I need coming in for a while, but they can order one to be built for me with a wait time of 3-4 months. Well, it has now been 4 months and it looks like the car is finally on the boat. So Gene's 5 month estimate so far is holding true for me as well. Seems like there is a large backlog of Limited orders they are trying to fill. Seems so strange to me that some of the dealers would rather have you walk out than order you a car that you will most likely buy. Even if you don't, they will have no problem selling it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Woot....and the arrival time was within the time window given by the dealer when I put a deposit on the car...all of which is a positive for Hyundai, I think....they are installing a hitch, and prepping the car, and I am supposed to take possession later today....
In an effort to share what little I know, this seemed to be the timeline in my purchase...the car was loaded onto a carrier in Ulsan on November 15th...the ship arrived in Benecia California on November 25th....During this time the hyundaiusa.com site listed the car with the VIN I had been given as being "in transit"....on November 28th the car disappeared from the Huyndaiusa website, with no further information except an expected time window from my dealer of Dec 5th through Dec 10th....I received dealer notice that it was here on Dec 7th....this seems to be more like it should be compared to some of the other waits here, and I hope it means that other shipments will be more timely for others....
The car is burgundy/beige, and looks pretty....I hope the known problems have been fixed, and I will report back in a day or so on the wind noise...
How did you get such a detailed tracking update prior to it disappearing off of the site? Trying to get updates from my dealer has been like pulling teeth.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have a copy of the window sticker for your vehicle with the VIN?....if so, next to the bar code in the lower RH corner, and slightly to the left is a number....that is the day of the year the car was loaded...there is another number above the middle of the bar code....that number is the expected ETA at port, and your ship designation is given....once you have that, go to vehiclefinder.com, put in your search info....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have a copy of the window sticker for your vehicle with the VIN?....if so, next to the bar code in the lower RH corner, and slightly to the left is a number....that is the day of the year the car was loaded...there is another number above the middle of the bar code....that number is the expected ETA at port, and your ship designation is given....once you have that, go to vehiclefinder.com, put in your search info....
Thanks for the reply! "303" meaning October 30th? with the 328th being November 24th? That seems to make sense. Can you give that web link for vehiclefinder again? The address you have leads to one that's not in service?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry....I gave you the wrong link for the ship.....its vesselfinder.com instead....good luck...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here’s what I understand about the “ordering” process for the Palisade:
1. Hyundai makes a bunch of the same color combos at the same time. That’s why lots of Beige interiors are starting to be delivered. I’ve seen a ton of Sierra Burgundy/Beige, Moonlight Cloud/ Beige, and Steel Graphite/Beige Limiteds come in this week. My Steel Graphite/Black was also included, for reasons that I’ll explain next.
2. “Ordering” a car is more like putting a claim on one of the cars that is already scheduled for production. They will call that car “pre-sold.” You can choose accessories if you claim it far enough in advance, but that’s about it. So if you have a very specific trim and color combo that you want, the wait time will simply depend on when that combo is scheduled for production. If Hyundai knows that a particular car is pre-sold, they do try to get one of the first of that kind to the dealership that pre-sold it as soon as possible. My car wasn’t scheduled to be here until January 7th, but I got one of the first vehicles off the line when they started manufacturing my specific combo, because they knew it was pre-sold. I still got carpeted floor mats, which I didn’t want, but I was able to add the accessories that I did want. I hope I’m making sense here.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Both Hyundai's web site and Car Gurus can tell you what dealers have in stock. Whats coming your dealer has unless there is a link for that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
First drive is impressive....smooth....I have an Equus which is better than most cars for road-quiet, but this is clearly a step beyond that...just getting acquainted with the car, but so far it's been a series of "oh wow's"...…...
I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying it, and thank you for posting your updates!
I watched a recent YouTube review and the reviewer mentioned that the passenger seat and rear seats just weren’t that comfortable, this was the Limited trim with Napa leather. Mainly referring to lack of lumbar support. I’m concerned because we do a lot of long road trips and I really wanted to get something comfortable for everyone. Have you noticed anything about an uncomfortable passenger seat?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying it, and thank you for posting your updates!
I watched a recent YouTube review and the reviewer mentioned that the passenger seat and rear seats just weren’t that comfortable, this was the Limited trim with Napa leather. Mainly referring to lack of lumbar support. I’m concerned because we do a lot of long road trips and I really wanted to get something comfortable for everyone. Have you noticed anything about an uncomfortable passenger seat?
My wife had knee surgery the first of October, and she has not felt good enough to drive yet, so I have only been in the drivers side....there are a lot of adjustments on that seat, and the lumbar is very good there, and the cushion that extends outward to support the lower thigh is quite comfortable....the second row captain seats have quite a few adjustments including reclining...but I have not sat in any other than the drivers...……..we stop at intervals of 1.5 to 2 hours and walk around....bathroom break etc...I don't think it will be a problem for us..the people in the 3rd row probably deserve some pity....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts