Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with this feature because I have none?
I would like to know what makes it work I looked underneath and saw no hydraulic or air hoses going to springs or shocks. Could not find any info on line.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I hear the motors leveling occasionally and I'm inclined to think it's more of a screw type design that raises and lowers the rear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I found this link that explains the theory of self leveling shocks, could be similar to ours: https://blog.fcpeuro.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-nivomat-self-leveling-shocks
I think this explains it fairly well. With the design they implemented in the Palisade, the car will not level itself while parked. So if you load it up in your driveway with a ton of cargo and people, it will sag. Once you get moving (a few miles) it will level itself out. This is a mechanical/hydraulic design which needs vehicle movement to work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think this explains it fairly well. With the design they implemented in the Palisade, the car will not level itself while parked. So if you load it up in your driveway with a ton of cargo and people, it will sag. Once you get moving (a few miles) it will level itself out. This is a mechanical/hydraulic design which needs vehicle movement to work.
I did not know this type of shock was even available. I owned several Full sized Santa Fe’s previously tried coil spring spacers that made little difference and coil spring air bags which would leak. This sounds like the fix. Thanks to all that responded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts