Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you new Palisade owners changed or considered changing to synthetic oil. I am considering it. My issue, Hyundai US recommends changes at 8 thousand miles.Hyundai Canada recommends changes at 8 thousand kilometers. Canadian should be 12 thousand kilometers. If I go with the 12 thousand k will it affect my warranty? Thanks,Mogens

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sorry, Forgot, I am from Canada
I have not yet changed the oil in my Palisade but be assured that when I do I will switch to synthetic. I have an 04 Honda, and 06 Lexus and a 15 Tundra, all of which run on synthetic oil.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have any of you new Palisade owners changed or considered changing to synthetic oil. I am considering it. My issue, Hyundai US recommends changes at 8 thousand miles.Hyundai Canada recommends changes at 8 thousand kilometers. Canadian should be 12 thousand kilometers. If I go with the 12 thousand k will it affect my warranty? Thanks,Mogens
Changed my own oil at 1,000 miles using full synthetic 5W-30 meeting Hyundai Palisade oil specification.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Changed to synthetic Mobil 1 at 2500km's. The service manager where I bought my Palisade told me that this would not effect the warranty on my Ultimate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in Canada. Sold Amsoil as part time business for 20 years. Every inch of cars I've owned since 1976 have been syn lubricated. Have had Fords, Toyotas, GMC and Kia. Never once a warranty issue. A customer did with an after market warranty due to contractual clause agreeing to follow manufacturer's SUGGESTED intervals. He needed a rear wiper motor! Got it sorted for him with warranty company. Generally, if comes to an issue, dealer/mfg must prove a direct causal relationship between the fault and the owner's maintenance procedures. I forced my then Kia dealer to take sign down (in service reception) stating a warranty is voided by not following recommendations in owner's manual. A threat in writing to mfg and dealer to pursue in a Small Claims Court works (from experience) if dealer wants to be an ass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts