Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends

I expect to pick my white Luxury (canada) hyundai palisade, later this week. I wanted to know how difficult it is for a driver to adjust to huge suv like palisade. I currently drive honda civic/ Toyota Camry as permanent cars and only occasionally driven SUV's as rental cars that too compact SUV 's like Toyota rav 4 or honda crv or Nissan rogue.
Regards
Sukh

·
Registered
264 Posts
It will be an adjustment if my wife's experience in changing from a small vehicle to a much larger one. Many, many years ago she moved from a 95 Honda Accord to a 98 Isuzu Trooper. A very large difference. To explain the new dents and other damage done to the Trooper during the adjustment period I starting referring to the damage as her "personalizations" to lessen the sting. The lesson is that more immediate attention and greater awareness needs to be paid to routine driving and parking maneuvers. What you did by rote must now be done with consideration. After a few complicated maneuvers with the Palisade you will be fine. With the parking sensors and other safety features your learning curve should be very short. All that being said just remember it is a pleasure to drive the Palisade.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think this is an individual thing. Assuming you went for a test drive of course. My Wife and I came from Pre 2005 from an Accord to an Odyssey and various rentals. We lost 1 of 2 of the Odyssey and replaced with the Palisade SEL which my wife and I love. The rear parking assistance and other safety features are amazing. You naturally will have even more “help” with your model. It drives and parks amazingly. The higher seating position in taller cars is actually something we have trouble living without now. Really like the higher ground clearance as well (7.9 inches much less chance of parking curb and steep driveway issues). You will do great.

Edit: Added in parking suggestions for any car/larger. To position yourself well swing car out wide so you center your self. Look for larger spots. Try to park further away from the "best" crowded close to your destination spots. No wants early heart break of having someone door your new car or other harm because you wanted to get the closest spots.

·
Registered
58 Posts
In 2009, I switched from a Plymouth Breeze to a Chevy Traverse, which was a huge size change. It felt like it was 6 months before I could confidently park the Traverse. I did enjoy the higher vantage point and AWD, though. Overall, the Traverse was quite a bit easier to drive than the Breeze. My advice is to start by parking in spots with no adjacent parked cars at first (if you can), go slowly, and use all of the parking assistance features of the Palisade. They help tremendously, and I wish that my Traverse had them. Also practice parking in both directions (turning right and turning left to park). Invariably, one will be more difficult than the other.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I drive the Canadian Luxury, it comes with 360deg Surround View.

With that and the smooth-handling of the Palisade, I would say "don't worry about a thing".

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went from a Acura TSX to the Palisade. I thought the Pallsade would feel "big" and take some getting used to, but it didn't at all. I think all of the safety features definitely help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello friends
Thanks a lot for your kind advises.
I got my white luxury palisade today and guess what, I was able to drive it like I 've been driving it for long. No Issue with lane change, parking and u turn at all so far. Driven about 40 kms today on highways and on the inner streets. It's an awesome machine. Thanks all.
Regards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went from a 2015 Sonata Limited to my 2020 Palisade Ultimate. It FEELS like it's a massive size increase when you get in, but it's really not much wider then my Sonata and only 8ish inches longer (Obviously MUCH taller, but I haven't run into any clearance issues yet), so the adjustment has been very easy so far. The Palisade is as easy to drive around town as anything else I've ever driven. It's smooth and handles very well for something it's size. I think the amazing camera tech more then makes up for it being harder to park for the most part, I slide into spots just as easily or easier then I did with the Sonata after a couple weeks of practice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts